According to a report on BBC, two British medics who had abandoned studies in Sudan to join the Islamist group, ISIS together with a group of other students have been killed in the battle front in Iraq.
The two, Ahmed Sami Khider and Hisham Fadlallah died at the weekend according to the media report. Khider is believed to have been killed in a convoy of Islamist fighters that left the city of Mosul that is currently under siege from U.S.-backed Iraqi forces.
Britain's Foreign Office however has said it was unable to confirm the deaths.
Ahmed Sami Khider and Hisham Fadlallah had been part of a group of nine mainly British-Sudanese medical students from Khartoum's University of Medical Sciences and Technology.
The two reportedly joined ISIS in 2015. Five other Britons from the institution joined them soon afterwards and at least four had now been killed, the BBC reported.
Security services estimates about 850 Britons have travelled to Syria and Iraq to Join ISIS. A Small number also is fighting alongside the Al-Qaeda affiliate Al-Shabaab in Somalia.
A Briton jihadist identified as Thomas Evans who was fighting for Al-Shabaab was killed in a botched KDF camp raid in Lamu, Kenya.
- Islamic State May Relocate Following Losses in Libya’s Sirte, UN Chief Warns Islamic State (IS) or commonly known in derogatory acronym as 'Daesh' may […]
- US Launches A Mega-Aggressive Counter Cyber-Attack Against ISIS February 26, 2016: Washington- US officials have confirmed that the Pentagon has […]
- Police in Counterterrorism Effort to Smoke Out Terror Cells in Colleges & Universities Police in a counterterrorism effort are expected to smoke out and tear down the […]
- ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi ‘Killed’ In US-Led Air Strike: Unverified Report Key Highlights Evil ISIS chief reportedly killed after coalition air […]
- Islamic State Media Director Surrenders to Iraqi Security Forces OSINT SUMMARY 17th February 2016, Latest OSINT reports indicate that a media […]
- Operation Inherent Resolve, Counter-ISIS Strikes Continue in Syria, Iraq U.S. and coalition military forces continues with offensive against the Islamist […]
- US-Led Coalition Strikes Destroy ISIS Drone Facility near Raqqa US-led coalition in Iraqi and Syria conducted 24 strikes consisting of 67 engagements […]
- ISIS Using Water Warfare Inched Towards Making Weapon Of Mass Destruction As They Seize Control Of 6 Dams March 4, 2016: The Islamic State terrorist group has taken control of 6 of the eight […]