Monday 22nd February 2016, Turkey’s military announced that it had killed 14 militants a series of the crackdown launched against the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) in southeast part of the country.
According to the military report, four PKK militants were killed on Sunday 21st February 2016 in the Sur district of the mainly Kurdish region’s largest city of Diyarbakir. The locality has been under curfew since December 2015.
Another 10 PKK militants were killed same day (Sunday) in the Idil districts of Sirnak province that neighbours Syria.
Violence plagued southeast Turkey after the breakdown of a two-year ceasefire between Turkish security forces and the PKK in July 2015.
Turkey has designated PKK as a terrorist group. PKK fights to take control for autonomy for Turkey’s large ethnic Kurdish region in the southeast of the nation.
State-run Anadolu News Agency reported that more than 1,000 PKK militants have been killed since December 2015.
Turkey’s President Tayyip Erdogan said 2,000 had been killed in operations ‘at home and abroad’ since early November 2015.
- Turkey Military Campaigns Kills Over 300 Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) in Less Than A Month OSINT SUMMARY The Turkish military has said it has slain 305 militants of the […]
- Ankara Female Attacker Identified as YPG-trained PKK Fighter ANKARA Turkey, March 16, 2016 Ankara Sunday attack reports continues to […]
- Turkey Car Bomb Leaves 2 Police Killed and Scores Injured DIYARBAKIR, Turkey, March 4, 2016 Latest security reports from Turkey indicate […]
- Turkey’s PM Ahmet Davutoglu Blame Ankara Blast on Syria Kurdish YPG Militia EVENT SUMMARY Wednesday February 17, 2016 at night, a Suicide Vehicle-Borne […]
- Turkey’s Military Says 6 PKK Militants Killed in Southeast Hakkari Province ISTANBUL Turkey, May 13, 2016 Turkish military has said that its army has […]
- Turkish PM Ahmet Davutoglu: Syrian Kurdish YPG Militia Working For PKK Militants OSINT SUMMARY Tuesday 23rd February 2016, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu […]
- Kenya’s ATPU Arrest Student En-route To Libya To Join Islamic State Terrorist Group OSINT SUMMARY Kenya’s security officers confirmed that on Thursday 18, 2016, they are […]
- Turkey Warplanes Pounds Kurdish Positions after Ankara Bombing ANKARA Turkey, March 15, 2016 Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan […]