Wednesday 20th July 2016, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced a nationalwide three-month state of emergency following the recent botched coup against his government.
Erdogan speaking at s presidential complex after a meeting with National Security Council and members of his Cabinet said the three-month state of emergency was being declared under Article 120 of the Turkish Constitution.
The aim of the state of emergence is to give the country time to effectively and swiftly take necessary steps in eliminating the threat to democracy of Turkey, the rule of law and the rights and freedoms of the citizens, Erdogan said in his statement.
The recent botched coup in Turkey organized by some military has left hundreds of people killed and over 1,500 others injured.
Turkey's government has said the attempted coup was organized by Gulen.
Several other coup participants have been detained and facing charges.
- Turkish Special Forces Captured 11 Soldiers Involved in Bid to ‘Kidnap’ Erdogan OSINT SUMMARY Turkish Special Forces conducted an operation capturing 11 […]
- Turkish Armed Forces (TAM) Stage Military Coup in Turkey, Government Still in Control A Tense atmosphere overhangs the Turkish capital and cities, […]
- Turkey Says Ready to Pay Compensation for Downed Russian Jet in Syria OSINT SUMMARY In a move aimed at reaching out Russia, Turkey said is ready to […]
- Turkey President Erdogan Receives 21 Gun Salute, Begin Kenya’s Tour Turkey President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has arrived in Kenya, the East Africa economic […]
- Turkey Warplanes Pounds Kurdish Positions after Ankara Bombing ANKARA Turkey, March 15, 2016 Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan […]
- Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan Vows to Fight Terrorism Following the Deadly Ankara Attack Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan ANKARA Turkey, March 14, […]
- Turkey Claim Airspace Violation by Russian Warplanes; Threaten To Take Action EVENT SUMMARY Turkey on Friday 29th January 2016 claimed of airspace violation […]
- Turkey Set to Open its Military Base in Somalia in April this Year Turkey is set to open its military base in Somalia in April this year according to […]