British firm, Tullow Oil Plc, says it will conduct extensive appraisal drilling and testing throughout year 2014 and 2015.
The objective of the extensive appraisal drilling and testing is to finalize a commercial production development report.
This report is what the government of Kenya wants. Nairobi wants to start selling oil as early as 2016 or 2017 and Tullow Plc must provide a comprehensive development report.
Speaking in Nairobi, Robin Sutherland, Tullow Oil Plc exploration manager for Sub Saharan Africa said the company is expected to submit a field development plan to the government of Kenya in the fourth quarter of 2015.
“We are expecting to submit our field development plans to the government in the fourth quarter of 2015,” Robin Sutherland told an oil and gas conference in Nairobi.
The appraisal drilling and testing will quantify the commercial viability thresholds; enable both the government and the investors to make projections.
- Kenya to Earn $$10 Billion from Oil in South Lokichar Basin’s Block 10BB/13T Kenya’s will earn at least US$ 10 billion from the country’s first commercial oil […]
- Kenya Oil Industry Shows Positive Prospects as Ngamia-8 Wells Extract 200 Metres of Oil Kenya Oil flow per day has indicated improving prospects following the discovery of a […]
- Amosing Oil Discovery in Kenya Could be the Largest Tullow Oil, a British oil exploration firm exploring oil and gas in Kenya discovered a […]
- Africa Oil Reports Kenya Will Discover More Oil to Exceed 1000 Barrels The Vice president of Africa Oil Corporation business development James Phillips has […]
- Tullow Oil Facing Problems in Kenya, Turkana Threats of Sabotage Tullow Oil of Britain is facing threats in Kenya as it farms for oil in the block at the […]
- Tullow Oil Kenya Drilling Activities in Block 10bb Ongoing After Share Fall Tullow Kenya drilling program is still on course, even after the report on poorly […]
- Tullow Oil Plc to Invest $1 billion in Exploration and Appraisal in Kenya and Other 4 Countries Tullow Oil (LON:TLW) will issue $500 million (₤300 million) in senior notes to raise […]
- Tullow Discovers More Oil in Kenya, in Appraisal Update Tullow Oil has announced the discovery of more oil deposits in Kenya's Etom-1 well […]