President Donald Trump’s executive order continues to hits at citizens from seven countries barred from entering the U.S.
More than 200 Somali refugees heading to U.S for resettlement are stuck as they cannot travel as the result of the order that temporarily suspend all immigration of citizens from seven majority-Muslim countries.
Suleiman Yusuf, a teacher, on Monday confirmed that more than 200 refugee who had a refugee camp in eastern Kenya were told by the International Organization for Migration that their Monday flights have been cancelled following the Trump’s orders.
Referencing United Nations Refugee Agency media officer, Yvonne Ndege, about 13,000 Somali refugees had already been approved by United States Citizen and Immigration Services and were scheduled to travel and be resettled in the United States but their plans have been cancelled and affected by the new order.
Other countries affected by Trump’s executive order include, Sudan, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Syria and Yemen.
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres Calls for Lifting US Travel Ban UN Chief, Antonio Guterres on Wednesday called US to lift ban on travelers from the […]
- Sudan Reacts to Trump’s Restrictive Immigration Executive Order Sudan has strongly reacted to Trump’s restrictive immigration executive order. […]
- United State Imposes Stringent Visa Restrictions To Yemen, Somalia And Libya Travellers Highlights: The United States has flagged Yemen, Somalia and Libya as ‘countries of […]
- Donald Trump Revise Executive Order Ban for Travelers from Six Muslim-Majority Countries U.S. President Donald Trump revised the executive order ban for travelers from six […]
- U.S President Donald Trump Orders Construction of US-Mexico Border Wall President Donald Trump on Wednesday ordered construction of US-Mexico border wall to […]
- Kenya Aims to Repatriate Nearly Half of Dadaab Somali Refugees by End-2016 Kenya government aims to reduce the population of Somali refugee living in Dadaab […]
- President Farmaajo Briefly Meets Trump In Riyadh, Appeals Backing Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo on Sunday briefly met with the U.S President […]
- How Donald Trump is Fueling Islamic State Terrorist Group Counter-terrorism experts have warned of U.S President Donald Trump’s […]