Thursday 14th July 2016 –evening, a truck reportedly plowed through a crowd of tourists and locals that was celebrating Bastille Day fireworks in the French Riviera city of Nice.
Chaos, stampede witnessed as crowd dispersed with some taking cover in nearby restaurants and hotels.
The incident linked to terrorism leaves 84 killed and scores injured. Media reports put 18 among the injured at a critical situation.
The truck driver (the attacker) killed by the French police.
In pre-dawn address, President Francois Hollande vow to finish the scourge of terrorism saying that France was under the threat of terrorism.
The president added that "operational reserves" would be deployed to support the army and security forces across the country, with particular focus on the borders.
Also extends the state of emergency for three months.
The truck attack comes after France suffering another terror attack in Paris claimed by the Islamic State militants that left 130 people killed.
The truck attack has been condemned by world leaders including the United Nations.
- Kenya Stands with France, Condemns ‘Truck Terrorist’ Attack That Left 84 Killed EVENT SUMMARY Thursday 14th July 2016 in the evening a truck plowed a crowd […]
- France Mourns Paris Multiple Attacks Victims, Vow Renewed Effort to Defeat Terrorism Friday 28th November 2015, Paris held a solemn ceremony to remember the victim of the […]
- France Charges Paris Attacks Mastermind Salah Abdeslam EVENT SUMMARY, Paris, April 28, 2016 French court has charged the Paris […]
- Man Shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ Knifes Munich Rail Passengers, Arrested OSINT SUMMARY Tuesday 10thMay 2016, early morning a man Shouting 'Allahu […]
- Terror Threat as Gunshots Fired Target French Embassy in Mauritius EVENT SUMMARY Monday 30th May 2016, four gunshots were fired targeting the […]
- ISIS Cell Linked to Paris Attacks Jailed for 16 Years in Belgium OSINT SUMMARY A Belgium court on Tuesday sentenced an ISIS cell linked to […]
- German Police Arrests 3 Islamic State (IS) Suspects Linked with Paris Attackers OSINT SUMMARY Germany police early in the week arrested three Islamic State […]
- U.S. Intervene Militarily To Train African Forces On Combating Terror OSINT SUMMARY U.S. Commander for Special Operations Command Africa Brigadier […]