ISLAMABAD — Pakistani security officials say two suicide bombers have attacked a military camp in northwest Pakistan, triggering a shootout in which the attackers were killed and two soldiers injured.
The officials said the attack took place Friday morning. One of the attackers detonated his suicide vest and the other was killed by snipers deployed at the camp in the Khyber tribal region bordering Afghanistan.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to media.
No army spokesman was immediately available for comment.
Asad Mansoor, a spokesman for the Jamaat-ul-Ahrar militant group, in a statement claimed responsibility but he gave no further details.
Pakistani security forces have carried out several offenses against Pakistani Taliban and other militant groups in Khyber but violence has continued.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Three Killed, Scores Injured By Suicide Bomb On Pakistani Security Troops Highlights: Tuesday September 1st, a suicide bomber from the Pakistani Taliban that […]
- Taliban Suicide Bomber Kills 12 in NW Pakistan Officials in northwestern Pakistan say a suspected suicide blast Tuesday killed at least […]
- Pakistani Forces Kill Mehmood ul Hassan alias Khwaja Madni a, Senior Taliban Commander Pakistani security forces have killed a senior Taliban commander. The senior Taliban […]
- Blast Rocks Near Pakistani Consulate in Eastern Afghan, Jalalabad City Killing 6 People OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 13th January 2016, a bomb blast has rocked the vicinity of a […]
- More than 140 Militants Surrender in Pakistan’s Baluchistan Province OSINT SUMMARY, Baluchistan Pakistan, April 19, 2016 Pakistan authorities […]
- 4 Troops, 9 Terrorists Killed in Northwest Pakistan Military reports from Pakistan indicate that nine terrorists including two suicide […]
- Suicide Bomber Detonates at Pakistani Hospital, Helpless Patients Casualties Reported In a suicide attack claimed by the Islamic State, it’s saddening that the […]