Tourism in Lamu County of Kenya is showing tremendous signs of recovery after United Kingdom (UK) reviewed its travel advisory on this region.
The British government recently withdrew its travel restriction that had affected tourism in Lamu and Manda Islands.
Last week Friday, Britain’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office announced the lifting of its travel advisory saying that tourists from UK can now visit Lamu and Manda Island. The office noted f improved security citing joint Kenyan security agencies collaboration in securing the region.
The travel advisory warning UK citizens of non-essential travel to Lamu County has been in place for more than five years following incidents of sporadic terror attacks and kidnapping of Tourists by Somalia-based Al-Shabaab terrorist group actives cells in the region.
Addressing media journalists, Lamu County Governor on Wednesday thanked the British government for the travel advisory review saying it’s timely for the county’s tourism sector recovery.
The Governor expressed confidence that the action taken by the UK to lift the travel advisory would go a long way in stabilizing Lamu County and Kenya’s foreign earnings.
- Kenya’s Tourism Boost as France Lift Travel Advisories Issued Against Malindi and Mombasa ECONOMIC BRIEF Kenya tourism sector is set to benefit significantly after France […]
- Kenya’s Tourism Sector Makes Sh47Billion in First Half of 2016, Projects Sh100 Billion by Year-end Kenya has reaped Sh47 billion in the first half of 2016 according to Tourism Cabinet […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Kenya, Ethiopia Discuss War on Harakat al Shabaab al Mujahideen Movement Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta and Ethiopia’s Prime Minister […]
- Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud Urge African Leaders to Jointly Combat Terrorism in the Continent Somali’s president who had attended the recently Tokyo International Conference […]
- Germany, France Envoys Praise Kenya’s Security Efforts Germany envoy to Kenya Jutta Frasch has praised Kenya’s security efforts saying […]
- Turkish President Erdogan Set To Begin East Africa Tour ANKARA, May 31, 2016 OSINT summary reports that Turkish President Erdogan is […]
- President Uhuru Kenyatta Angola, Belgium Visit Begins State House Nairobi, PSCU According to a statement from the State House […]