Reports from Tanzania indicate that suspected terrorist stormed a mosque in the country’s northern region of Mwanza grisly attacking faithful with machetes.
During the Wednesday night attack, three people among them the Mosque Imam were killed.
According to Mwanza regional police boss, Ahmed Msangi, the three were hacked to death by use of a sharp object.
A 13-year old both was wounded as he tried to escape out of the Mosque was rushed to Nyamagana district hospital.
According a narration by survivors, the suspects displayed a black flag with white words reading ‘Islamic State’.
The attackers were about 15 and had covered their faces with masks when they stormed the mosques.
Strategic intelligence had warned of an imminent threat citing a video shot by Islamic State in Tanzanian caves.
So far no group has claimed responsibility of the attack but it can be ruled the attack is linked the Islamic State cell who are desperately trying to prove their presence in the East African nation.
Tanzania police reports indicate a number of suspects have been arrested for interrogation as security is heightened.
- Afghanistan’s Kabul Mosque Suicide Attack Condemned An attack on Afghanistan Kabul Mosque on Monday that killed at least 27 killed […]
- 9 Killed & 25 Injured in Bomb Blast Targeting Iraq Shia Mosque Latest OSINT reports indicate that at least 9 people have been killed and 25 others […]
- Islamic State Beheads Two for ‘Sorcery’ Allegations in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula Islamic State's branch in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula on Tuesday beheaded two men […]
- UK, US Governments Warn of Potential Terrorist Attack in Tanzania OSINT SUMMARY UK and US governments have warned of a potential terror attack […]
- Tanga Village Deserted After ISIS Terrorists Raid Leaves 8 People Killed EVENT SUMMARY Tanga, a village in Tanzania encountered deadly killings […]
- Somalia Imams and Scholars Council Denounce Newly Launched Islamist Group Tuesday 11/4/2017, Somalia Imams and Scholars Council denounced the newly launched […]
- Morocco Busts 29 Active IS Terrorist Cells Planning Attacks RABAT, June 6, 2016 Moroccan Interior ministry announced on progress made on […]
- How Muslim Imams and Mosques Help ISIS and Other Islamic Radical Groups Thrive The Muslim community has come a long way. Muslim organizations have been there on a […]