Tuesday September 1st, a suicide bomber from the Pakistani Taliban that is allied Afghani Taliban detonated and IED near a paramilitary vehicle in Jamrud Area killing 3 people and injuring scores.
Jamrud area is in the Northwest part of Pakistan and is highly volatile and where security forces have been deployed to fight the Taliban looking to oust the current government.
A suicide bomber on Tuesday attacked a paramilitary vehicle belonging to the Khasadar aka tribal police force in the Jamrud area of the Khyber tribal agency in northwest Pakistan killing 3 people and leaving scores injured.
The northwest region of Pakistan is infested with Taliban militants that are looking to oust the current Pakistani government to enable the enactment of strict interpretation of the Islam Sharia law.
The Pakistan Taliban is allied to the Afghani Taliban but is very different and emerged in 2007 and having been trying to advance their agenda since.
The military has been battling the Taliban and their ally the Lashkar-e-Islam that have established a network in Khyber since October 2014 with particular focus on the Tirah Valley which is their immediate stronghold.
Consecutive and intensive offensives launched against the Pakistani Taliban since 2009 has pushed the Islamists from their strongholds to controlling very small swathes of tribal lands and mainly restricted to the areas near Pakistan-Afghanistan border.
Reports indicate that the suicide attack was in retaliation to the immense pressure exerted on the force this year that has seen hundreds of fighters killed in both ground offensives and airstrikes. Khyber became a mini-base or a haven after most militants fled their main operational base in North Waziristan.
- Troops Foil Attack on Pakistan Army Camp, Two Soldiers Injured ISLAMABAD — Pakistani security officials say two suicide bombers have attacked a […]
- Taliban Suicide Bomber Kills 12 in NW Pakistan Officials in northwestern Pakistan say a suspected suicide blast Tuesday killed at least […]
- Pakistani Forces Kill Mehmood ul Hassan alias Khwaja Madni a, Senior Taliban Commander Pakistani security forces have killed a senior Taliban commander. The senior Taliban […]
- 4 Troops, 9 Terrorists Killed in Northwest Pakistan Military reports from Pakistan indicate that nine terrorists including two suicide […]
- Lashkar-E-Islam Leader Salahuddin Ayubi among 30 Militants Killed in Pakistani Airstrikes along Afghan Border The notorious leader of Lashker-e-Islam was among the 30 militants who were killed by […]
- Suicide Bomber Detonates at Pakistani Hospital, Helpless Patients Casualties Reported In a suicide attack claimed by the Islamic State, it’s saddening that the […]
- Pakistan Military Launch First Ever Drone Strike against Militants Target ISLAMABAD: Monday 7th September 2015, Pakistan military announced that it […]
- 6 Jamaatul Ahrar Militants Killed In Counter-terrorism Raid in Multan, Pakistan The Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) of Punjab conducted raids on militants’ […]