Terrorists linked to the Islamic States gunned down a Coptic Christian teacher on his way to school in northern Sinai on Thursday.
According to police sources, this is the second killing of a Christian in less than a week in the troubled region.
The 50-year-old Gamal Tawfiq was shot in the head by two terrorsists who were following him on a motorbike he walked from home to work at El-Samran School in the morning in the city of el-Arish
Separately, on Sunday, terrorists gunned down a local vet identified as Bahgat Zakher, and in late January, Wael Milad, a merchant was killed by terrorists who stormed his shop.
Several Christians were also killed in Sinai last year, including priest Rafael Moussa and health ministry employee Massak Nasrallah whom the militants stopped on his way to el-Arish and asked him about his religion.
Islamist States terrorist group has been targeting Christians in Egypt, a country home to one of the world’s oldest Christian communities, with Coptic Christians accounting for roughly 10 percent of its 92 million people.
- Islamic State-Linked Militants Kill Egyptian Army General in the Country’s Troubled Sinai Peninsula Militants linked to Islamic State Takfiris have gunned down Egyptian Brigadier […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- ISIS Threatens Christians in Egypt in Video Featuring St. Mark’s Coptic Orthodox Cathedral Bomber The Islamic State (ISIS) released its first video from Egypt separate from […]
- Two Terrorists Linked To Islamic State Gunned Down by Egyptian Police in Cairo EVENT SUMMARY Two terrorists were on Wednesday 3rd February 2016 gunned down in a […]
- Egyptian Warplanes Bombardment Kill 22 Militants in Restive Sinai Peninsula OSINT SUMMARY March 2, 2016, Military source in Egypt has said that nearly two dozen […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Egyptian Army Kill 13 Militants in Troubled Sinai OSINT SUMMARY, May 24, 2016 Egyptian forces killed 13 militants during raids […]
- Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sissi Defends Anti-Jihadists War after Copts Flee Sinai Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sissi has defended the strategy his government has […]