Hundreds of young militants have recently graduated as Al-Shabaab terrorists. Intelligence reports indicate a surge in recruitment of young men in Shabelle region.
Strategic Intelligence director of regional intelligence on terror networks, David Goldman identifies religion and economics as factors that continue to facilitate induction of middle aged men to terrorism.
More than 600 new fighters joined the terror group in 2013. Most of them have graduated as militants. In November over 300 militants graduated after a six month training in using weapons and explosives.
There trained units consists of commandos, intelligence, and regular militants. However, it is the suicide bomber list that has grown that is worrying.
Suicide missions will be the core strategy of the Al-Qaeda allied terror group.
We will have to contend with increased threats of suicide bombers across East Africa, mainly in Somalia and Kenya, Strategic Intelligence analysts warn.
Economic conditions are worsening and are facilitating conscription of militants. Returning refugees with no skills and capacity to engage in economic activities are vulnerable to conscription to terror activity.
Somalia is likely to succumb to militancy if new recruitments are not stopped.
Lack of capacity to secure the vast middle and Northern areas besides maintaining law and order will factor the circumvention and cycle of militancy.
With new troops ready, Al-Shabaab is resurging. There is every indication that they are regrouping.
Al-Shabaab capacity in influencing the public view on religion, politics, and economics is still very significant.
Failure to identify strategies that can preempt these threats will have catastrophic ramifications in Somalia and Kenya.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Heightened Security: AMISOM Forces with Somali Police, Intensify Patrols in Mogadishu Events Tuesday, car bomb kills two and leaves four injured in […]
- Garissa; The Terrorist Watchtower of East Africa [vc_row][vc_column width="2/3"][vc_column_text] Garissa serves as the intelligence […]
- JUNE 2013 PREDICTIVE ANALYSIS AND INT THAT COULD HAVE THWARTED WESTGATE MALL TERROR ATTACK. Targets by Al-Shabaab in Kenya June 27 | Posted by David Goldman | Intelligence News, […]
- Winning the War on Terror in Kenya, New Director of Intelligence in NIS Kenya Scores Big Two months after his appointment as the director general of intelligence of the National […]
- Critical Threats as Al Shabaab Terrorists Threatens East Africa During Ramadhan Event Summary: Throughout the month of May 2015 and early June 2015, Strategic […]
- Kenya at the risk of Ethnic Violence and Militant Attacks, 2015 Predictive Analysis Report Predictive analysis experts and global intelligence firms predict Kenya will see ethnic […]