OSNIT reports and in-depth coverage of areas prone to terror attacks in Kenya have established that Terrorist Groups conduct a prior and thorough evaluation of their target before the actual attack.
Terrorists spread their propaganda using leaflets, social media, sites linked to them and in extreme cases, through video coverage as seen in the case of Mpeketoni attack and Mandera Massacre.
All this is made possible because the terrorists live among the community, interact with them and some even pose as business men and women in these areas.
Kenyans Contribution towards Counter-terrorism
As echoed by British Commissioner in Kenya Christian Turner, Kenyans ought to further contribute in the war against terror using community based strategy.
Kenyans could be at a position to provide more vital information pertaining to these terrorists.
Some terrorists have surrendered following the amnesty call by the government however some are into hiding in Kenya and being covered up by their family members.
Building trust between these families, the police and the community at large could help trace down members of these militia groups and prevent the series of terror attacks in Kenya.
As confirmed, these groups tend to first spread ideologies to new recruits who later engage in terrorism either at home or abroad.
Through intelligence sharing, the government is expected to strategically place informants within the communities who will be able to gather information which will be used to preempt such attacks.
Another aspect which could be used to counter terrorism in Kenya is by mitigating terror effects by ensuring a rapid return to ordinary life of those affected.
Also, borrowing tactics from other nations which have used information warfare to combat terrorism could be equally embraced in Kenya.
Such include how the United Kingdom countered Irish Republican Army’s bombing, where authorities used the community to gather crucial information on terrorists.
- Intelligence Experts Warn Kenyans against Spreading False Terror Alerts Intelligence experts are warning Kenyans against spreading false terror alert messages […]
- Al Shabaab Terror Activities in Kenya; Sectarian & Political War Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen (HSM) commonly referred to as Al Shabaab is a […]
- Kenya Government Counter-Terrorism Measures Against Al Shabaab Islamists Al Shabaab is a jihadist terrorist group based in Somalia with its allegiance to the […]
- Al Shabaab Attacks in Kenya, Scholarly List of Recent Attacks Al Shabaab is a terrorist group with it base in Somalia. Al Shabaab is Arabic for “The […]
- List of Terrorist Groups, Terrorist Militants and Enabling Entities. Following the Garissa Attacks and the need to disrupt flow of cash to terrorist […]
- US Secretary Of State John Kerry To Visit Kenya; War Against Terror And Regional Stability Talks US Secretary of State, John Kerry is slated to visit Kenya in May as part of plans to […]
- THE RED LINE HAS BEEN CROSSED Intelligence sources hidden in crowds at Raila Odingas Tononoka rally confirm that […]
- Kenya Under Attack by Hostile Foreign Services and ICC Key points that confirm Nairobi has been attacked using Information Warfare by hostile […]