Kenya Defences Forces (KDF) has step-up attacks against Harakat Shabaab Mujihadeen (HSM) movement in Somalia. In recent past month, KDF has conducted successful raids on Al-Shabaab near the Kenyan border in a move that security experts affirm of Kenyan troops offensive may have significantly weakened Al-Shabaab terrorist group.
RECENT KDF OFFENSIVE SOMALIA
KDF troops fighting Al-Shabaab in Somalia under AMISOM mandate on 2/3/2017 launched an offensive targeting Al-Shabaab base in Afmadhow.
During the morning onslaught near Subow Centre, KDF killed 57 Al-Shabaab operatives and also destroyed 5 of their vehicles in the operation.
Three weeks later KDF conducted another raid pounding on Al-Shabaab bases in Badhaadhe killing 31 A-Shabaab operatives. The raid was carried out using combat helicopters and artillery fire. The operation also saw two command and logistic bases located about 17 kilometers from Sarira near Hola Wajeer, Somalia destroyed.
Confirming on operations, KDF spokesman, Col. Joseph Owuoth, said the successful raids also saw recovery of several AK 47 rifles, machine guns, improvised explosive devices, communication equipment, military fatigues, detonating cables and dozens of assorted bullets.
Col. Owuoth also emphasized commitment of KDF troops operating under AMISOM, saying operations against Al-Shabaab will continue to ensure Kenya is secure and Somalia stabilizes.
On 8th April 2017 at around 0305HRS KDF in Kuday killed two senior Al-Shabaab commanders one identified as Bashe Nure Hassan alongside several other fighters.
On 10th April 2017, at around 0600hrs, KDF using its surveillance assets identified an Al-Shabaab camp, about 4 kilometers of West Catamaa and approximately 104 kilometers to the border town of Elwak, Gedo region. The raids left 15 militants killed.
On Wednesday 12th April 2017, KDF launched fresh air raids on Al-Shabaab bastion near the southern port city of Kismayo killing a number of militants.
Following these successful raids against Al-Shabaab, credible report has emerged showing of a disconnect within the militant ranks to an extent that Al-Shabaab is now turning against its foreign fighters particularly from Kenya, accusing them of spying for KDF.
At least three Kenyan fighters have recently been killed by Al-Shabaab on suspicion of leaking the militants’ intelligence to the Kenyan troops. Ahmed Yusuf Hassan and Ahmed Nur Abdi Osoble were executed on 27th March, 2017 by Al-Shabaab’s firing squad in Buq Aqable in Somalia’s Hiraan region.
Other Kenyan born terror operatives executed include Jared Omambia and Faraj Abdulmajid, alongside four other foreign fighters. They were executed last year by Al-Shabaab firing squad on similar spying charges.
KDF persistent air sorties have left the Islamist Al-Shabaab with no place to hide and now the growing distrust of foreign fighters within the ranks of the terror group, Kenya’s security agencies warn that Kenyan fighters in Somalia are likely going to attempt sneaking back into the country.
Police sources further disclose that some of the most wanted terrorists have already made contact with their relatives seeking for safe passage as they plan to disengage from the battle zone, to sneak to the country to launch attacks.
MOST WANTED TERRORIST FIGURES
Those likely to sneak back into the country according to ATPU sources include HABIB KARONGO alias JUREYJ, JUMA WERE, MOHAMED TAJIR, ABDULLAHI JARSO KOTOLA, GUFU TARI GUFU, FUAD ABUBAKAR MANSWAB, ABUBAKAR ABDIKADIR ABUBAKAR, ISSA ABDALLA KAUNI, and AHMED SAID OMAR.
Security agencies have called on members of the public to remain vigilant, ahead of the Easter festivities and in the coming months and report any suspicious activities to the police as these wanted terror figures are reported to be hatching plans of coming back to Kenya to launch attacks from within.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- 14 Al-Shabaab Operatives Killed after Attempt to Attack KDF Camp KDF-army soldiers killed 14 Al-Shabaab operatives after a botched attack on their […]
- KDF Convoy Escape Roadside Landmine near El Wak, Engage Militants Friday 3rd February 2017: Latest Military Intelligence reports from Somalia indicate […]
- 6 Al-Shabaab Terrorists Killed in Fierce Fighting with Clan Fighters in El Wak, Somalia OSINT SUMMARY Clan fighters loyal to the former defense minister Barre […]
- Somalia National Army Clash With Al-Shabaab Fighters Near Mahaday MAHADAY Somalia, March 11, 2016 A fierce fighting erupted between SNA forces […]
- KDF Troops Repulses Al-Shabaab Ambush on Jubbaland Army Base AFMADOW Somalia, March 16, 2016 Tuesday night, Al-Shabaab militants launched […]
- KDF & U.S-SF Take Badhadhe from Al-Shabaab Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) backed by US- Special Forces on Tuesday reportedly […]
- Puntland Military Operations Destroy Al-Shabaab Bases in Elmadow, Somalia Security forces carried out an offensive in Somalia’s northeastern region of Puntland […]