Monday 30th May 2016, four gunshots were fired targeting the French Embassy in Mauritius capital, Port Louis and at the hotel Le Saint Georges, frequented by Westerners.
Reports say there were no casualties as the embassy was empty and only two security guards who were on duty undergoing interrogation.
Though no casualties suffered, the attack is an indicator of an imminent terror attack citing inscription by the so called Islamic State graffiti found sprayed on the wall of the embassy that warned :‘You will no longer live here in peace’,”
A press conference organized after the shooting by the police and from CCTV footage, only three poorly visible images were at the scene and according to the Polioce boss Mario Nobin, they used small arms and hunting weapons in the shootings.
Nobin added that security level had been raised in the country, but described the situation as under control.
France’s Ambassador to Mauritius, Laurent Garnier, stressed how his country is at risk since they took bold actions against the Islamic State but reiterated that they will not yield to terrorist intimidation.
- Germany to Deploy 650 Troops to Fight Islamic State (IS) Smuggling in Mediterranean OSINT SUMMARY Germany cabinet on Wednesday 14th September 2016 gave a green […]
- U.S. Intervene Militarily To Train African Forces On Combating Terror OSINT SUMMARY U.S. Commander for Special Operations Command Africa Brigadier […]
- U.S. Back Libya’s Unity Government Against Arms Embargo OSINT SUMMARY, May 17, 2016 Libya’s unity government has received […]
- Truck Terrorist Kills 84, Scores Injured in Nice Bastille Day in France EVENT SUMMARY Thursday 14th July 2016 --evening, a truck reportedly plowed […]
- Russia To Consider Selling Arms To Somalia and Libya Once Situation Improves MILITARY ACQUISITIONS, May 12, 2016 Russia announced it is ready to supply […]
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel Visit Mali, Niger; Discuss Security & Development German chancellor Angela Merkel on Monday 10th October 2016 visited Mali and Niger […]
- Turkish Forces Killed 3,000 Islamic State in Syria and Iraq, President Erdogan Says OSINT SUMMARY Turkey’s President Tayyip Erdogan on Wednesday 11th May […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Condemns Brussels Terrorist Attack, Urge World Leaders To Jointly Fight Terror EVENT SUMMARY, March 23, 2016 Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta has […]