The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.
Witnesses say the bomber riding a motorbike struck a security checkpoint separating the semi-autonomous and volatile Khyber tribal district from the city of Peshawar.
Rescue workers and local officials say a senior officer of the tribal police force and a local journalist are among the dead.
The massive blast caused damage to several vehicles and motorbikes parked near the security post.
There are no immediate claims of responsibility.
Khyber serves as one of the two main routes for trade and transit between Pakistan and landlocked Afghanistan.
The Pakistani tribal area has been a hub of local and foreign militants involved in terrorist attacks on both sides of the border.
But officials say recent Pakistan army-led security operations have cleared most of Khyber of the insurgents.
On Monday, a roadside bomb blast targeting a convoy of paramilitary forces in the southwestern city of Quetta killed at least five soldiers and wounded three others.
The militant group claimed responsibility for the Quetta attack. It has been has been waging an insurgency against the state of Pakistan for the past many years, killing thousands of people in bomb blasts and other terrorist raids across the country.
- Suspected U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 12 Islamist Militants Including Top Leader in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY 4th February 2016, two suspected U.S. drone strikes have killed 12 […]
- Turkey Warplanes Pounds Kurdish Positions after Ankara Bombing ANKARA Turkey, March 15, 2016 Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan […]
- Islamic State & Taliban Takfiris Clashes Leaves 13 Militants Killed in Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Over a dozen Takfiris were killed when rival factions between […]
- Turkish Army Intensify Crackdown on Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) OSINT SUMMARY Monday 22nd February 2016, Turkey’s military announced that it had […]
- Two Terrorists Linked To Islamic State Gunned Down by Egyptian Police in Cairo EVENT SUMMARY Two terrorists were on Wednesday 3rd February 2016 gunned down in a […]
- Kenya’s ATPU Arrest Student En-route To Libya To Join Islamic State Terrorist Group OSINT SUMMARY Kenya’s security officers confirmed that on Thursday 18, 2016, they are […]
- Three Killed, Scores Injured By Suicide Bomb On Pakistani Security Troops Highlights: Tuesday September 1st, a suicide bomber from the Pakistani Taliban that […]
- Daesh/Islamic State Takfiris Execute Own Commanders in Northern Iraq EVENT Daesh Takfiris on Tuesday 26th January 2016 killed fellow commanders in […]