Syrian army supported by Lebanese Hezbollah group is closing in on the ISIS bastion city of al-Bab in northern Syria.
Separately, Turkish forces and allied rebels are advancing in the northern part near the Turkish borders.
According to a monitor group report on Thursday, the intense battles are raging between Syrian army and Hezbollah on one side with the backing of Russian artillery shelling, against the IS in the southern and southwestern part of the city of al-Bab.
Al-Bab is the last major ISIS bastion in the northern province of Aleppo, near the Turkish frontier, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
As for the Turkish forces, the troops are aiming to divert the attention of the IS militants inside the city, by heavily shelling al-Bab by airstrikes and artillery shelling.
Meanwhile Turkish Operation Euphrates Shield continues to register successes against Daesh terrorist with hundreds being killed since the operation began in August last year.
- Turkish War Jets Bombard 10 Daesh Targets in Northern Syria Turkish war jets have conducted aerial bombardments destroying 10 Daesh targets in […]
- Turkey Strikes Dozens of Daesh, PKK/PYD Terrorist Targets in Syria As Operation Euphrates Shield enters the 70th day, Turkish armed forces have […]
- Syrian Military & Russian Airstrikes Operations Leaves 2,000 Terrorists Killed in Aleppo in 2 Weeks At least 2,000 terrorists have been killed in Syrian military and Russian airstrikes […]
- Turkish Fighter Jet Hit 9 Daesh Targets, Kill 23 Militants in Al-Bab, Northern Syria Turkish fighter jets continues to conduct aerial assaults against Daesh […]
- Turkish-backed FSA Fighters Clears 617 Square Miles of ISIL in N.Syria Almost 1,600 square kilometers (617 square miles) of land in northern Syria has been […]
- Turkish Warplanes Airstrikes Kills 11 ISIL Extremists in Aleppo Turkish Air Force killed at least 11 ISIL extremists in airstrikes […]
- Turkish Forces Kill 20 PKK/PYD & Daesh Terrorists Turkish Forces on Saturday morning killed 20 terrorists in northern Syria. In […]
- Turkish Forces Neutralized 138 ISIS Terrorists in Syria Turkish army has said that 138 ISIS terrorists were killed and scores others were […]