Monday 14th December 2015, Syrian troops managed to capture and took control of a military air base near town east of Damascus.
The troops also took control of town of Marj al-Sultan and the airport in Eastern Ghouta that has been overrun by opposition groups for more than three years.
The airport is some 15 kilometers (9miles) east of Damascus was taken over by the opposition group in r.
Military reports indicate that Syrian troops were backed by fighters from the Lebanese Shiite militia Hezbollah in retaking the airport.
The reports were also confirmed by Syrian Observatory group saying that the joint operation saw the airport fully secured on Monday afternoon, though troops are working to secure the town where opposition forces remains to be a major threat.
Syria’s government has launched a series of simultaneous ground offensives across the country with backing by pro-regime militias and Russian warplanes which has seen hundreds of Daesh and al-Nusra Front militants killed.
The conflict in Syria began with anti-government demonstrations in March 2011 but evolved into a multi-front civil war that has seen over 250,000 people killed and forced displacements to millions out of their homes.
- Syria’s Army Launch Large Scale Ground Offensive against Militants’ Targets in Hama OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 7th October 2015, Syria’s army and allied forces backed by […]
- Syrian Kurdish Forces Capture A Strategic Airbase & Several Villages in N. Aleppo OSINT SUMMARY 11th February 2016, Syrian Kurdish forces managed to capture a […]
- Syrian Forces Recapture Strategic Damascus Hilltops OSINT SUMMARY Syrian troops have managed to recapture the strategic hilltops situated […]
- Syrian & Turkish Forces Close in on ISIS Bastion in Syria Syrian army supported by Lebanese Hezbollah group is closing in on the ISIS bastion […]
- 30 al-Nusra Front Militants Killed By Syrian Soldiers in Embattled Aleppo 29th September 2015, at least 30 al-Nusra Front militants were killed in mop-up […]
- Russian Airstrike Offensives Targets Al-Qaeda Prison in Syria’s Idlib OSINT SUMMARY Russian aerial bombardments have targeted on an Al-Qaeda run prison […]
- Al-Qaeda’s Nusra Front in Eastern Damascus Collapsing after Several Commanders Killed in Syrian Airstrike Al-Qaeda’s official branch in Syria, the Nusra Front is disintegrating and […]
- U.S. President, Barack Obama Asserts U.S.-led Coalition Will Wipe Out Islamic State SPECIAL REPORT Monday 14th December 2015, United States President Barack Obama […]