Suspected U.S. warplanes reportedly conducted air raids in Al-Shabaab controlled localities near the coastal city of Kismayo, Sunday.
Speaking to the media on condition of anonymity, a senior military official confirmed of the airstrikes saying the heavy air shelling were fired on several Al-Shabaab camps including Singaleer and Tuulo Kuusow, about 30 kilometers north of Kismayo.
Open sources reports indicate that the bombings inflicted heavy casualties in the Al- Qaeda affiliated Al-Shabaab. Several operational and logistics camps destroyed.
The bombing comes as Al-Shabaab briefly had retaken Bulo-Gadud area after the pull out of Jubbaland and Ethiopian forces who seized had the area on Friday from the militants following a joint military operation.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- SNA & AMISOM Forces Kill 8 Al-Shabaab Militants in Bud-bud, Central Somalia OSINT SUMMARY At least 8 Al-Shabaab militants were killed by SNA backed by […]
- U.S. Attack Helicopters Bomb Al-Shabaab Camp near Afgoye, Lower Shabelle Latest media reports from Somalia indicate that U.S attack helicopters on Saturday […]
- KDF Warplanes Strikes and Destroyed An Al-Shabaab Camp in Gedo, Southern Somalia MILITARY BRIEF March 5, 2016, Military reports from Somalia have confirmed […]
- Fighter Jets Pound on Al-Shabaab Bases in Militant-held Jilib Town, Militant Causalities Reported Fighter jets believed to be from Kenyan troops on Tuesday night pounded Al-Shabaab […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Group Confirms U.S. Drone Strike in Raso Training Base in Hiiraan Region, Somalia SOMALIA, March 9, 2016 Pentagon confirmed that U.S. drone strike hit an […]
- U.S. Special Forces Order Strike Al-Shabaab Militants in Somalia OSINT SUMMARY U.S. Special Operations on Thursday 12th May 2016 were called […]
- U.S. Warplanes Bombard Al-Shabaab Camps in Southern Somalia Friday 25th November 2016, suspected U.S. military warplanes launched precision […]