A suicide bomber was killed by security forces as he attempted to enter Shia Mosque where over 500 faithful had congregated for Eid prayers.
The suicide bomber was killed and the other one injured by the security forces as they tried to strike an Eid al-Adha congregation in southern Pakistan, police reported Tuesday.
“The bombers were intercepted by the police deputed for the security [of the mosque] propelling one to detonate his explosive-laden vest, while his accomplice was successfully tackled by police and citizens before he could blow himself up,” A.D Khawaja, police chief of the Sindh province told reporters.
Three security forces were also injured in the botched attack, the police boss added.
This was the second attack on a Shia mosque in Shikarpur in less than two years.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- 4 Troops, 9 Terrorists Killed in Northwest Pakistan Military reports from Pakistan indicate that nine terrorists including two suicide […]
- Suicide Bomber Detonates at Pakistani Hospital, Helpless Patients Casualties Reported In a suicide attack claimed by the Islamic State, it’s saddening that the […]
- Afghanistan’s Kabul Mosque Suicide Attack Condemned An attack on Afghanistan Kabul Mosque on Monday that killed at least 27 killed […]
- 6 Jamaatul Ahrar Militants Killed In Counter-terrorism Raid in Multan, Pakistan The Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) of Punjab conducted raids on militants’ […]
- Suicide Bomber Detonates Near Kabul Airport in Afghanistan OSINT SUMMARY Monday 4th January 2016, a suicide bomber struck a street heading to […]
- Security Forces Kill 36 Terrorists in CT-Operations after Sehwan Attack Pakistani security forces killed 36 terrorists in Karachi and its surrounding […]
- Iranian Security Forces Kills Daesh (ISIS) Figure, Busts Terror Cell Kermanshah Province OSINT SUMMARY Iranian security forces on Monday 15th August 2016 killed an […]