In a suicide attack claimed by the Islamic State, it’s saddening that the terrorist group with their heinous acts targeted a hospital with helpless patients.
Reports indicate at least 70 were killed in a suicide attack at a hospital in southwestern Pakistan on Monday.
According to a report by a witness, the blast occurred in the midst of a crowd outside the hospital’s emergency ward.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif called the blast "cowardly" and pledged his government and security forces will continue their attempts to defeat militants based in the country.
The attack at a hospital was condemned by U.S. and the UN.
The UN condemned the attack and in a statement said the “targeting of mourners at a civilian hospital makes the attack particularly appalling”.
In Washington, the White House also condemned the attack "in the strongest terms”.
A state of emergency was declared by the local government as it prepared to transfer the injured in various hospitals.
- 6 Jamaatul Ahrar Militants Killed In Counter-terrorism Raid in Multan, Pakistan The Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) of Punjab conducted raids on militants’ […]
- NATO Troops & Afghan Air Force Destroy ISIL’s Afghan Radio Station, 46 Militants Killed EVENT SUMMARY 3rd February 2016, Recent military reports from Afghan’s Defence […]
- 20 Nations Join Saudi-Led Military Exercise- ‘The Thunder Of The North’ Against ISIS, Al Qaeda And Affiliates Event: 15th February: Armed forces from at least 20 countries are gathered in […]
- White House Mourns U.S. Commando Killed in Al-Qaeda Operation in Yemen White House mourned the death of a Commando who was killed in the line of duty in an […]
- U.S.-led Coalition 30 Strikes Targets Islamic State Hideouts in Syria & Iraq EVENT SUMMARY Latest military reports from Middle East indicate that Daesh/Islamic […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]
- U.S. Special Operations Forces Capture An Islamic State Operative in Iraq MILITARY BRIEF PENTAGON: 3rd March 2016, U.S. Special Operations Forces captured […]
- U.S. Intervene Militarily To Train African Forces On Combating Terror OSINT SUMMARY U.S. Commander for Special Operations Command Africa Brigadier […]