Sudanese police rescued 56 people including women and children kidnapped by a Sudanese trafficking gang on Sunday.
The rescue operation was conducted on the border between Kassala and El Gedaref states.
According to El Gedaref police boss, Major General Adil Jamal, the hostages were believed to be migrants from neighbouring countries. The hostages were held by the kidnappers in an abandoned house before the police came for their rescue.
Sudan borders Libya in the northwest. Illegal migrants transit through Sudan via the Western Sahara to troubled Libya in an attempt to cross the Mediterranean Sea to Europe. The trafficking gang demanded a ransom of $3,000 per person for their release.
Sudanese army on Sunday announced the arrest of over 200 illegal migrants of different nationalities trying to enter Libya.
- 70 Ethiopian drown off Red Sea coast of Yemen (Reuters) - At least 70 Ethiopians drowned when a boat used by smugglers to transport […]
- Police Anti-human Trafficking Operation Nabs 35 Ethiopians in Nairobi, Kenya Police on Tuesday 11th October 2016 – night conducted anti-human trafficking […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Al Shabaab Commander Maalim Janow Leader of Al Adde Killed in KDF Air Force Strike MILITARY REPORT 21st January 2016, Latest military reports indicate that Al-Shabaab […]
- Notorious 18-year-old Gang Leader, Netted at the Likoni-Ferry Channel Police in Mombasa continues to crackdown on criminal gangs in the coastal town and […]
- Police Conduct Operation against Criminal Gangs, Women among those Arrested in Mombasa Crackdown Mombasa police over the weekend conducted a major operation targeting criminal gang […]
- British National Arrested in an Al-Shabaab Swoop in Gigiri Police drawn from Flying Squad and Special Crime Prevention Unit Tuesday midday […]
- Libyan pro-government Forces Battles ISIS, Rescues 14 Civilians in Sirte Media reports indicate that Libyan pro-government forces engaged ISIS in a fierce […]