Other Kenyan government officials also attended the ceremony including Deputy President William Ruto and a delegation of government officials.
Several African leaders are due Thursday in the economic capital Dar es Salaam for Magufuli’s swearing in, including the African Union chairman, Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe, and regional heads of state.
Tanzania is a strategic partner of Kenya in many areas, particularly trade, security (military), education, agriculture and energy.
Early October 2014, President Uhuru Kenyatta and Tanzania’s Jakaya Kikwete launched 90 km Taveta-Mwatate road of multinational Arusha-Holili/Taveta-Voi road corridor in Taita Taveta County to promote trade and economic growth in both countries.
- Kenya & Tanzania Pledge to Enhance Bilateral Ties Kenya and Tanzanian leaders pledged to renew bilateral cooperation in key areas such […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Presidents Uhuru Kenyatta, Jakaya Kikwete Launch Multinational Arusha-Holili/Taveta-Voi Road Corridor Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta and his Tanzanian counterpart President Jakaya Mrisho […]
- Kenya’s Deputy President William Ruto in Turkey Over Dadaab Camp Closure SECURITY BRIEF, May 23, 2016 Kenya’s Deputy President William Ruto led […]
- Kenya’s Deputy President Calls on African Governments To Share Intelligence To Defeat Terrorism KEY HIGHLIGHT Kenya’s Deputy President William Ruto has called on […]
- Liberia President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Jets In Kenya For Bilateral Talks & WTO Conference ECONOMIC BRIEF 11th December 2015, Liberian President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf has […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Say State Will Open New Prison For Extremists EVENT SUMMARY Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta, Tuesday 16th February 2016 […]
- East Africa Community Set To Launch Regional e-Passport In March February 17, 2016: The East African Community (EAC) is expected to launch e-passports […]