Special operation involving air and ground strikes has kicked off in eastern Nangarhar province of Afghanistan for the elimination of the militants affiliated with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terrorist group’s offshoot in Afghanistan, ISIS Khurasan.
The provincial governor’s spokesman Ataullah Khogyani said the campaign has kicked off in Chaparhar and Pacher Agam districts.
This comes as the Afghan security forces have been conducting operations against the terror group under name of Hamza operations, mainly covering the Kot and Achin districts.
The US forces based in Afghanistan are also occasionally contributing to the operations and mainly provide air support to the Afghan forces fighting the terror group.
The latest campaign has been launched amid concerns by the local officials who are saying that the loyalists of the terror group are attempting to expand their foothold in some strategic and key parts of the province, including Pacher Agam as they eye to seize control of Tora Bora.
The officials have long been warning that the capture of Tora Bora will further help the terror group to expand its operations in this province and other parts of the country.
- Islamic State Media Director Surrenders to Iraqi Security Forces OSINT SUMMARY 17th February 2016, Latest OSINT reports indicate that a media […]
- ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi ‘Killed’ In US-Led Air Strike: Unverified Report Key Highlights Evil ISIS chief reportedly killed after coalition air […]
- US-Led Coalition Strikes Destroy ISIS Drone Facility near Raqqa US-led coalition in Iraqi and Syria conducted 24 strikes consisting of 67 engagements […]
- Operation Inherent Resolve, Counter-ISIS Strikes Continue in Syria, Iraq U.S. and coalition military forces continues with offensive against the Islamist […]
- Two British Medics Who Joined Islamic State Killed in Iraq According to a report on BBC, two British medics who had abandoned studies in Sudan […]
- US Launches A Mega-Aggressive Counter Cyber-Attack Against ISIS February 26, 2016: Washington- US officials have confirmed that the Pentagon has […]
- ISIS High Ranking Figures among 8 Killed in Afghan Forces Operations in Nangarhar At least eight terrorists of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria Khurasan were killed […]
- Islamic State May Relocate Following Losses in Libya’s Sirte, UN Chief Warns Islamic State (IS) or commonly known in derogatory acronym as 'Daesh' may […]