Following the recent spate of attacks targeting government forces and military bases in Lower Shabelle, Southwest State has vowed to scale up security in the region.
According to Southwest government’s information minister, Hassan Abdi Mohamed, there is plans to tighten the overall Lower Shabelle security after days following the recent attack by Al-Shabaab terrorists in Afgoye town that left 15 people killed including SNA soldiers.
“Southwest government plans to carry out security measures to enhance security of the region,” Mohamed was quoted saying on Thursday.
Al-Shabaab which claimed Afgoye’s attack has been fighting to oust Somali government since 2006 and is seen determined to disrupt upcoming parliamentary and presidential Somali elections.
- SNA, South West State Forces Kill 10 Al-Shabaab Terrorists in Southwest Somalia South West State forces backed by Somali army killed at least 10 Al-Shabaab […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Two Senior Al Shabaab Commanders Surrenders to Authorities in Baidoa Two senior commanders surrendered themselves to Somali government authorities in […]
- SNA, AMISOM Conduct Joint Operation in Bay Region; Kill 8 Al-Shabaab Terrorists OSINT SUMMARY Recent military reports published by Somali National News […]
- 2 Al-Shabaab Terrorists Surrenders to Jubbaland Forces in Kismayo Two Al-Shabaab terrorists on Sunday and Tuesday surrendered themselves to Jubbaland […]
- 4 Al-Shabaab Operatives killed in Deadly Clash with SNA Forces in Afgoye At least four Al-Shabaab operatives were killed in a deadly clash with government […]
- Southwest Special Forces Kill over Dozen Al-Shabaab Terrorists in Labataan Jirrow, Bay Region CT-Ops OSINT SUMMARY Somali’s Southwest State Special Forces conducted […]
- President Hassan Visits Military Barracks in Kismayo, Meet Military Generals Somalia President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud visited military barracks in […]