The communiqué called on the United Nations and global community to extend support and end the recent conflicts witnessed in South Sudan.
The conflicts have already worsened humanitarian situation with thousands of South Sudan populous fleeing to the neighbouring countries.
Refugees’ influx has been reported in the East African countries and flow of more refugees is just overburdening its member state, South Sudan was told in the communiqué released in the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa.
The IGAD meeting also condemned the continuation of obstruction of ceasefire and transnational security arrangements monitoring mechanisms.
South Sudan delegation was chaired by First Vice President Taban Deng Gai who recently replaced Riek Machar.
On his part, Taban Deng Gai informed the meeting of his decision to step down in favour of the former FVP Riek Machar for the sake of peace and stability in the Republic of South Sudan. His decision to step down was welcomed by the IGAD leaders.
Also another resolve was to deploy a regional force to help contain the shaky situation in South Sudan especially in Juba.
- African Union (AU) Calls on New South Sudan FVP General Taban Deng Gai to Step Down The African Union (AU) Peace and Security Council (PSC) has called on the newly […]
- South Sudan’s Vice President Deng Gai Urges Refugees to Return Home The First Vice President of South Sudan, Taban Deng Gai, has encouraged displaced […]
- Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni Calls for Peace in South Sudan OSINT SUMMARY Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni called on leaders in war torn […]
- Taban Deng Gai, Newly Appointed FVP of South Sudan Visits Kenya OSINT SUMMARY On Tuesday 16th August 2016, the newly appointed South […]
- Kenya Ready to Help South Sudan Handle Economic Challenges Following years of conflict/civil war in the world’s youngest nation, South […]
- UN Adviser Warns of Looming ‘Genocide’ in South Sudan A United Nations (UN) adviser has warned of a looming genocide in South […]
- South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir Sacks 6 Ministers Allied to Machar, SPLM-IO Term Replacement Illegal OSINT SUMMARY Political rift continues to widen in the world’s youngest […]
- South Sudan Rejects UN Deployment of Regional Troops in Juba JUBA, August 11, 2016 The situation in South Sudan remains shaky after the […]