CRIME, South Sudan gunmen on Wednesday 15/3/2017 killed 28 people and kidnapped 43 children in the neighbouring Ethiopia.
This act is signals another demonstration of how South Sudan’s civil war threatens the region.
According to a regional government spokesman, Chol Chany, the there were other raids on Sunday and Monday in Gambella’s Gog and Jor areas, which border South Sudan’s Boma region.
Ethiopian military is pursuing the Murle bandits carried out the attack, in an effort to rescue 43 kidnapped children.
Oil-rich South Sudan has been mired in a civil war since President Salva Kiir, fired his deputy Riek Machar in December 2013.
Conflict has split the country along largely ethnic lines forcing more than 3 million people to flee their homes.
More than one million of the people have found refuge in neighboring countries, especially Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya and Sudan.
Regional governments have expressed fears that violence in South Sudan could spill over its borders into their own nations.
- Kenya Threaten to Impose Sanctions on South Sudan’s Leaders over Civil Unrest Kenya has threatened that it might impose sanctions on South Sudan's […]
- Security in Mogadishu Somalia Scaled Up Ahead of Regional Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu and its environs […]
- Security Heightened in Mogadishu as Somalia Set to Host IGAD Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security has been heightened up in Mogadishu as Somalia is set […]
- UN Adviser Warns of Looming ‘Genocide’ in South Sudan A United Nations (UN) adviser has warned of a looming genocide in South […]
- South Sudan Refugees Pour in Numbers into Northern Uganda In Summary Following the recent conflict witnessed in South Sudan, refugees […]
- South Sudanese Fleeing as Country Edges Closer to ‘Genocide’ UN human right commission has warned several times of what is happening […]
- Escalating War in South Sudan Could Lead to Refugees Influx in Uganda UN has warned of the escalating war in South Sudan could see more refugees flee to […]
- Sudan Armed Rebels Release over 130 Army Captives Armed Sudanese rebel group on Saturday said it released more than 130 army […]