South Sudan finally issued clearance for landing permit of two aircrafts that will transport the first Vice President designate and his accompanying delegation.
Machar, the rebel leader has failed to turn up in Juba whereby he was expected to be sworn in as the first Vice President as stipulated in August 2015 peace deal.
Machar has been delaying his arrival to Juba, making demands to travel with is delegation with 17 rocket propelled grenades, one grenade launcher, two 12.7 mm guns, and 23 PKM machine guns.
The clearance was authorized by the Director General of the Internal Security Bureau (ISB) of the national security service (NSS) for the landing of the two aircrafts scheduled for Monday 25th April 2016.
Machar had demand that his 195 troops SPLA-IO, their weapons and the coming of the chief of general staff to be allowed to travel to Juba ahead of Machar though it is not clear if the landing permit encompass the 195 troops and the weaponry.
- Tension Builds as South Sudan Allows Additional Troops For Rebel Leader Riek Machar To Juba Juba South Sudan, April 21, 2016 Tensions continue to build over delayed […]
- U.S. Accuse South Sudan Govt of Aiding Armed Opposition in Khartoum U.S. has accused South Sudan’s government of continuous harbouring and aiding […]
- S. Sudan Rebel Leader Riek Machar under House Arrest in Pretoria, South Africa South Sudanese rebel leader Riek Machar who left Juba a couple of months ago is being […]
- Kenya To Close Dadaab Refugee Camp, Says its Breeding Ground for Terrorists DADAAB REFUGEE CAMP CLOSURE Kenya government announced closure of Dadaab […]
- Former Rebel Leader, Riek Machar Botched Return in Juba JUBA, South Sudan, Apr 19, 2016 The long awaited return of the former rebel […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Kenya Government to Expatriate Refugees and Close Dadaab, Kakuma Camps DADAAB, KAKUMA CLOSURE, May 6, 2016 Kenyan government through the Ministry of […]
- South Sudan President Salva Kiir Orders Expulsion of Sudanese Rebels South Sudanese President Salva Kiir has ordered all the country’s security […]