The President of Somalia Hassan Sheikh Mohamud expressed optimism that the Al Qaeda affiliated Al-Shabaab militant group will be defeated and on the verge of being neutralized in the coming days.
The Somalia president was speaking at an inter-denominational service held for the injured and fallen KDF soldiers in Eldoret, Kenya.
Sheikh Hassan sent his condolences to the families, friends, relatives and Kenya as a nation.
“I am here to join you at this time of grief to celebrate the lives of our fallen and injured heroes who selflessly volunteered to bring Somalia back to stability. We need to unite against these evil forces and I can assure you we will together wipe out Al-Shabaab all terror groups” — Somalia President said.
President Hassan reiterated that Al-Shabaab are criminals and terrorists who do not subscribe to any Islamic doctrines saying their vicious actions were against the teachings of Islam.
The host president Uhuru Kenyatta said the presence of Somalia president was a clear testimony that the two countries commitment against a common enemy, the Al-Shabaab.
Nigeria’s president Muhammadu Buhari also joined the leaders for the inter-denominational service.
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- President Uhuru Kenyatta Direct Recruitment of 10,000 More Police Officers into Training Colleges SECURITY BRIEF President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday 1st March 2016 directed 10,000 […]
- Kenya-Somalia Maritime Dispute Continues MARITIME ROW 9th February 2016, Kenya-Somalia maritime dispute is on with Somalia […]
- President Hassan Sheikh Praises Burundi Contribution on the War Against Al-Shabaab in Somalia SOMALIA, March 18, 2016 President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud lauded […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Say State Will Open New Prison For Extremists EVENT SUMMARY Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta, Tuesday 16th February 2016 […]
- Kenyan Troops to Stay & Fight Al Shabaab in Somalia, President Kenyatta Announces at UN KEY HIGHLIGHTS Speaking on 29th September 2015 in his address to United Nations […]
- Moderate Islamists Ahlu SunnaWal Jamea Retain Control of Dhusamareb Town DHUSAMAREB, Somalia March 3, 2016 Wednesday, after deadly clashes that broke out on […]