Kenya and Somalia on Thursday 23/3/2017 vowed to scale-up war against the extremist who have been posing threat in the two countries.
President Uhuru Kenyatta who is a Commander in Chief of Kenyan Defence Forces and his counterpart President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed Farmajo agreed to continue fighting Al-Shabaab until the threat is completely neutralized.
According to President Kenyatta, Al-Shabaab have killed many innocent people both in Kenya and Somalia saying KDF will continue fighting them inside Somalia until they are eliminated.
Kenyan soldiers who are part of the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) have been battling the militant group in southern Somalia since 2011 when they launched cross-border operations over abduction of foreigners and frequent terror attacks on Kenyan soil.
On his part, President Mohamed Farmajo, lauded Kenyan troops for the immeasurable role they have played in the fight against Al-Shabaab through the AMISOM.
- Kenya and Somalia to Scale-up Joint Operations on War against Terrorism Kenya and Somalia leaders vowed to scale-up joint operations against the Islamist […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Kenyan President Invited to Farmajo’s Inauguration Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta received a message from Somalia’s […]
- Jubbaland’s President Ahmed Madobe Welcomes Kenyan Troops (KDF) to Lead on War against Al-Shabaab The President of Jubbaland Interim Administration Ahmed Madobe has welcomed the […]
- Somali President Makes First State Visit to Kenya Capital Nairobi Ahead Of IGAD Summit Wednesday 22/3/2017, the President of Somalia Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed and his […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta, Commander in Chief Of Defence Forces Attend AMISOM’s Summit in Djibouti AMISOM SUMMIT DJIBOUTI February 28, 2016, Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenya who is the […]
- Kenyans Urged To Support KDF’s Mission in Stabilizing Somalia, Keeping Country Safe SECURITY BRIEF, May 23, 2016 Kenya’s Parliamentary Committee for […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Calls on African Countries To Contribute More Troops in Somalia AMISOM SUMMIT, DJIBOUTI 28th February 2016 Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta during […]