Somalia President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud has expressed concerns over the security of the country citing the coming elections scheduled to start in October 2016.
The president called on the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) too back Somalia National Army (SNA) to secure the coming parliamentary and presidential elections.
President Hassan expressed concerns that the exercise may be disrupted Al-Shabaab terrorists who are against the peace and stability Somalia.
His sentiments were echoed by the UN Special Envoy to Somalia Michael Keating who raised a red flag saying Al-Shabaab may disrupt the poll process an prevent Somali voters from exercising their democratic right.
While addressing the UN Security Council Tuesday, Keating called on AMISOM and SNA to collaborate in forming a robust security force critical to secure the coming polls.
Somali head of State on Saturday night hosted the police and military commanders of AMISOM, the Somali National Army and Somali Police Force at Villa Somalia at the presidential palace, in Mogadishu where he appealed for help from the security forces in the fight against Al-Shabaab as well as support the country’s federal state formation process.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- African Union (AU) Welcomes Election of Somalia’s new President, Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo African Union (AU) has welcomed election of Somalia’s new president, Mohamed […]
- Mortar Shelling Lands Near Villa Somalia, Kills 2 Children At least three people including two children have been killed after several mortar […]
- Security Scaled-up in Somalia as East African Leaders Visit Mogadishu for President Farmajo’s Inauguration Mogadishu, Wednesday 22/2/2017: Security in Somalia has been scaled-up as Africa […]
- Somalia President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo Reshuffles Security Structure, Declares War on Al-Shabaab Somalia’s President President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo on Thursday 6/4/2017 […]
- Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo, Former PM Elected Somalia’s Next President 9/2/2017, Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo is the next elected president of […]
- UN Security Council Commit To Support Somalia Rebuild SNA & Upcoming Elections SOMALI ELECTIONS & STABILIZING SNA UN Security Council concluded […]
- Moderate Islamists Ahlu SunnaWal Jamea Retain Control of Dhusamareb Town DHUSAMAREB, Somalia March 3, 2016 Wednesday, after deadly clashes that broke out on […]