The US military's Africa Command (AFRICOM) ordered several ACMAT Bastion armoured personnel carriers (APCs) for the Somali National Army (SNA).
The ACMAT Bastion armoured personnel carriers (APCs) are now in service with the Armed Force of Somalia as part of the AFRICOM counter-terrorism strategy.
The APC is also in use in Mali, Uganda, and Ethiopia.
Africom ordered 62 pieces of the ACMAT Bastion armoured personnel carriers (APCs) for Uganda, Ethiopia, Somalia, and Mali.
ACMAT APCS are protected by STANAG 4569 level.
The vehicle weighs 12 tonnes, and can carry 10-12 people (including crew).
- Ethiopian Produces Israel’s ‘Thunder’ Armoured Personnel Carriers (APC) under License Ethiopia is producing ‘Thunder’ an Israeli Armoured Personnel Carrier […]
- Nigeria To Produce Armoured Personnel Carriers Locally By Year-end MILITARY ACQUISITIONS The Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) […]
- Cameroon Operating Israeli Saymar Musketeer Armoured Vehicles MILITARY ACQUISITIONS, March 29, 2016 Defence news from Cameroon indicates […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Senegal Receives New WMA301 Assaulter Armoured Vehicles from China MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Senegal has received new WMA301 Assaulter Armoured […]
- Uganda Police Acquire Armoured Personnel Carriers Ahead of Feb 18 Polls SECURITY BRIEF 9th February 2016, Uganda police armoured vehicles arrived at the […]
- Russia Hopes to Sell Typhoon-K Amoured Vehicles to Africa Russia’s military hardware exporter Rosoboronexport through a press briefing […]
- Algeria Orders 12 Sukhoi (Su-34) Fullback Capability Fighter Bombers From Russia MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Algeria has ordered 12 Su-34 warplanes from Russia in the […]