Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed has vowed to eradicate militant groups in Somalia within two years and offered its leaders ceasefire talks.
President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed, better known as Farmajo, made the remarks at ceremony marking the 57th anniversary of the foundation of the Somali National Army, which was held at the compound of the Ministry of Defense in Mogadishu.
The president vowed to finish up more than a decade insurgency of Al-Shabaab trying to topple the Somali government.
He also added that his government, therefore, is calling on Al-Shabaab leaders and ISIS to engage in peace talks so that they can benefit from the amnesty before they are forcibly dislodged from their hideouts across the country.
We confirm to the Somali people that we are prepared and within two years’ period we will eradicate Al-Shabaab from all areas they are present in Somalia,the president said
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- High Ranked Al-Shabaab Commander Surrenders to SNA in Central Somalia OSINT SUMMARY, April 18, 2016 A high ranking Al-Shabaab commander turned […]
- Somali Forces Preparing Major Offensive to Liberate Lower Shabelle Region from Al-Shabaab Somali National Army troops are preparing for a major offensive aimed at liberating […]
- Maj. Gen James Nakibus Lakara Praise AMISOM Troops Fighting Al-Shabaab Terrorists in Somalia AMISOM’s outgoing Deputy Force Commander Maj. Gen James Nakibus Lakara who has […]
- Somalia President Extends Amnesty to Al-Shabaab Militants MOGADISHU Somalia, May 16, 2016 Somali’s President Hassan Sheikh […]
- Somalia Newly Appointed Army Chief Escapes Car Bomb Attack; At least 15 Civilians Killed The newly appointed Somalia Nation Army (SNA) Chief on Sunday 9/4/2017 escaped a car […]
- Senior Al-Shabaab Terrorist, Ibrahim Aden Ibrahim Surrenders to Somali Government OSINT SUMMARY A senior Al-Shabaab terrorist identified as Ibrahim Aden […]
- Puntland and Galmudug Presidents Agrees to Ceasefire Deal in Galkayo Latest reports from Somalia indicate that Puntland President Abdiweli Mohamed Ali and […]