Somali’s president who had attended the recently Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD VI) in Kenya urged on the African leaders to unite and combat the menace of terrorism in Africa.
President Mohamud called on African leaders to embrace unity and find lasting solutions to decimate terrorism, which is a great enemy of the continent.
Speaking during the opening of TICAD VI, President Mohamud asked the leaders to come together in resolving challenges facing the African continent in order to achieve Pan-African development agenda and create unity bonds within the member countries.
The Somalia leader also called on the continent to remove tariffs and non-tariff barriers in order to accelerate trade between member countries.
He also urged the leaders at the conference to implement and allow the free movement of people, goods and investments to fulfill the goals.
Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD VI) was held for the first time on the African Soil; hosted by Kenya, with over 30 heads of state attending the conference.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- South Sudan Conflict, Combating Terrorism Tops President Uhuru Kenyatta & U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry Discussion Monday 22nd August 2016, President Kenyatta and US Secretary of State John Kerry have […]
- Nairobi, Kenya Enters List of Top 10 Most Dynamic Cities in the World Despite the political tantrums witnessed in Kenya, Nairobi, the capital city has […]
- Kenya, India Deal Set To Improve Maritime Security Kenya and India signed multimillion dollar trade agreements during the Indian Prime […]
- TICAD Kicks Off as Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Meets President Uhuru at State House Nairobi Friday 26th August 2016, Tokyo International Conference of Africa's Development […]
- Somalia’s President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed to Visit Kenya Somalia’s President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed popularly known as […]
- Kenya, Ethiopia Discuss War on Harakat al Shabaab al Mujahideen Movement Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta and Ethiopia’s Prime Minister […]
- Kenya’s Tourism Sector Makes Sh47Billion in First Half of 2016, Projects Sh100 Billion by Year-end Kenya has reaped Sh47 billion in the first half of 2016 according to Tourism Cabinet […]