Somalia’s President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud has asked United Nations Security Council for complete lift of arms embargo on Somalia that has been into effect since 1990s.
According to President Hassan, lifting of arms embargo would help the country secure arms and speed up development of national security forces.
Somalia has been in talks Russia to support it militarily. Russia on her part has said it is ready to sell weaponry to Somalia if arms embargo is lifted.
President Hassan said lifting of the arms embargo by UN will enable the nation to acquire weapons for the National Army.
The clearance will impact the most rapid and greatest development to the Somalia’s own forces battling with Al-Shabaab militancy.
- Russia Calls on Loosening of Arms Embargo on Somalia Russia has called for loosening of arms embargo on Somalia saying the country need to […]
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Extends Arms Embargo on Eritrea The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) this week has extended the arms embargo on […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Russia Says Ready To Sell Weapons to Somalia After Sanctions Imposed are Lifted RUSSIA-SOMALIA MILITARY COOPERATION, April 21, 2016 Moscow said it ready to […]
- To Defeat Al-Shabaab Terrorists, Arms Embargo Must be Lifted on Somalia Somalia President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed speaking on Thursday at Somalia […]
- UN Security Council Report of the Secretary-General on Somalia Political and Security Development The following report by UN Security Council highlights on challenges United Nations […]
- Somalia’s President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud Lauds Government Forces for CT-Operations against Islamists Al-Shabaab The president of the federal government of Somalia lauded Somali forces for their […]
- President Hassan Sheikh Praises Burundi Contribution on the War Against Al-Shabaab in Somalia SOMALIA, March 18, 2016 President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud lauded […]