The Somali National Army troops lost a key army post outside the port city of Kismayu in Southern Somalia, raising fears that they cannot stop the terror group Harakat Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement surge.
The terrorists captured the military post after a heavy exchange of gunfire. The army tactically withdrew from their positions allowing the militants to be within arms length of the high-value port city.
On Sunday 28th of June 2015, the terror group Harakat Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement took over a military post outside Kismayu after a fierce exchange of gunfire with Somali army troops.
SNA lost 7 soldiers in the attack. This shows the army has no proper defense, poor formations, and literary no capable counter-attack capability.
The Somali government has been seeking the withdrawal of the Kenya Defense Forces in Kismayu.
Kenya has limited its operations in Southern Somalia to pacification and counter-terrorism operations besides disrupting militancy.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Kenya Army Bombs Al Shabaab Camps in Gedo, Southern Somalia Kenya air-force conducted airstrikes targeting Somali Islamists in Gedo region of […]
- AU Determined to Stabilize Somalia Despite the Al Shabaab Attacks Key Highlights The Africa Union envoy to Somalia condemned the Sunday 23rd August […]
- KDF SOT, Naval & Air Force Task-Force Capture Port Of Koday In South Somalia, Hundreds Of Al-Shabaab Militants Killed KDF Special operations troops have on Sunday Morning landed alongside AMISOM and SNA […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- SNA & AMISOM Forces Recapture Port Town of Marka From Al-Shabaab Terrorists MOGADISHU,8th February 2016, in the latest military developments, Somali National […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- KDF Warplanes Bombard Al Shabaab Barhani Camps in Southern Somalia MILITARY BRIEF Kismayo: 10th February 2016, Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) military […]