SNA backed by AMISOM troops continues to carry out security sweeps in Adan Yabal in Middle Shabelle region.
Al-Shabaab militants reportedly withdrew from the city after learning that the joint forces were advancing towards the town over Saturday.
Confirming the incident, Adan Yabal district commissioner Mohamud Sheikh Hassan, says that the operation will continue until the city is pacified. Allied forces have embarked on house to house searches to flush out any Al-Shabaab remnants.
SNA and AMISOM troops are in the full control of Adan Yabal.
The military security sweep comes in the wake of announcements by Federal government officials that they will clear Al Qaeda affiliated Al-Shabaab militants from the remaining areas of Middle Shabelle including villages nearby Adan Yabal town.
- Somalia’s President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud Lauds Government Forces for CT-Operations against Islamists Al-Shabaab The president of the federal government of Somalia lauded Somali forces for their […]
- 10 Al-Shabaab Militants Nabbed Over Botched Lawmaker Assassination in Gedo Region OSINT SUMMARY Credible OSINT reports from Somalia reveal that 10 Al-Shabaab […]
- Somali Government Declares War against Harakat al Shabaab al Mujahideen Terrorists The Federal government of Somalia in the wake of recent attack witnessed in Mogadishu […]
- SNA Offensive Against Al-Shabaab Hideout, 3 Militants Killed Near Adan Yabal Town OSINT SUMMARY At least three Al-Shabaab militants were killed over the […]
- Galkaayo Somalia Car Bomb Blast, Death Toll Rises to 23 The suicide car bomb blast that took place on Sunday 21st August 2016 in Galkaayo […]
- Al-Shabaab Key Figure Killed in Southwestern Somalia OSINT SUMMARY Military reports from Somalia indicate that at least one high […]
- Somalia President Extends Amnesty to Al-Shabaab Militants MOGADISHU Somalia, May 16, 2016 Somali’s President Hassan Sheikh […]
- Somali National Army Troops Kill 14 Al-Shabaab Terrorists at KM-50, Lower Shabelle Region OSINT SUMMARY Somali National Army troops on Tuesday raided an Al-Shabaab […]