Seychelles authorities on Monday 13/3/2017 repatriated five Somali national over conviction of piracy offences.
According to the Ministry of Home Affairs in coordination with the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the five Somalis were repatriated early Monday morning on board a chartered aircraft of the Island Development Company (IDC).
The transfer of Somali nationals from Seychelles back to Somalia was and supervised by UNODC.
The Somalis were convicted in June, 2016 to 12 years in jail by Seychelles Supreme Court. They were found guilty of piracy offences and accused of attacking a dhow as well as holding Indian crew hostages.
However, the Somalis successfully appealed their cases in December 2016 were declared free of the charge of piracy offences by the Seychelles Court of Appeal. The court had ruled that there was not enough evidence to maintain the conviction of the five Somalis.
15 Somali nationals remain at Seychelles Montagne Possee main detection facility on sentences of piracy acts.
- 12 Somali Nationals Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison for Piracy OSINT SUMMARY On Thursday 11th August 2016, twelve Somali nationals were to […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- SNA, AMISOM Forces Kill Al Shabaab Commander & Destroy Base in Bakol Raid OSINT SUMMARY Sunday 6th December 2015, a senior Al Shabaab commander was […]
- UN Allows Kenya And Horn Of Africa Countries To Try Pirates Locally Further Crippling Al Shabaab Supply Routes Highlights: The United Nations Security Council on Tuesday 10th November passed a […]
- Kenyan Drug Cartel Extradited to US Also Face Ivory Smuggling Charges Kenyan drug cartel recently extradited to US is also facing possible ivory smuggling […]
- Taiwan Govt To Fund Somali Coastal Radar Surveillance System OSINT SUMMARY, Somalia, April 20, 2016 Taiwan Govt agreed to fund […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Al Muhajiroun Denies Links To Radical Preacher Accused Of Terrorism In The UK Event: Radical preacher Anjem Choudary appeared before Westminster Magistrates’ […]