Another Taliban terror group senior leaders, Nasir Ahmad, has been killed in a special operation in eastern Laghman province of Afghanistan, local media reported citing provincial governor's spokesman.
According to local news Ahmad was involved in major roadside bombings and other terrorist related activities. This was the second attempt to kill or arrest Taliban senior in two months.
Earlier in March, another Taliban key leader Abdul Wali was eliminated during a fighting between the Afghan security forces and the terrorists in the same province.
Afghanistan is experiencing political, social and security instability, in particular, due to the activity of the Taliban that has been controlling a number of regions and settlements across the country. The radical group is taking steps to establish a strict Sharia law on the controlled territories.
The crisis in the country prompted the emergence of local cells of other extremist organizations such as Daesh, which is banned in many countries, including Russia.
- Afghan Army Kills 45 Taliban Militants in Airstrikes in Country’s South Helmand Province The Afghan Air Force killed at least 45 militants of the Taliban terrorist movement […]
- 139 Taliban Takfiri Militants Slain Across Afghanistan in Recent Offensives OSINT SUMMARY Latest military reports indicate that at least 139 members of the […]
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Kabul Police Office; 10 Killed & 10 Wounded EVENT SUMMARY Ten people have killed and ten others wounded when a suicide bomber […]
- Afghan Police Operation Rescue 78 Afghans Taken Hostage By Taliban Takfiris OSINT SUMMARY Al least 78 of all 80 people kidnapped by the Taliban militant […]
- Gun Battle Siege Continues at Indian Consulate in Afghan City OSINT SUMMARY 4th January 2016, Latest reports from Afghanistan indicate that gun […]
- 27 Militants Killed in Afghan Intensified Airstrikes & Ground Offensive OSINT SUMMARY KABUL, February 10, 2016, a total of 27 militants have been killed in […]
- Pakistani Airstrikes Offensives Leaves 22 Militants Killed in North Waziristan OSINT SUMMARY At least 22 militants were killed in intensive aerial strikes […]
- 33 ISIS Militants Killed in Fresh Airstrikes in Afghanistan Some 33 Islamic State (ISIS) militants were killed after Afghan air force jets […]