A veteran commander of Islamic State (IS) terrorist group has been killed following a joint operation in Afghanistan, the country's Interior Ministry said on Friday.
The IS commander identified as Qari Moneb, was killed during an anti-terrorism joint operation carried out by Afghan National Security and Defense Forces and (NATO-led) Resolute Support troops," the ministry said in a statement.
However, the statement did did not give much details about the identity of the targeted militant and the raid, saying the operation launched on February 1st was authorized by Afghan President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani.
The killed militant was responsible for atrocities against local residents in Achin district of eastern Nangarhar province, and was involved in organizing several bombings, including suicide bombings against a mosque and a demonstration in capital Kabul last year, the statement noted.
The mountainous Nangarhar province, bordering Pakistan, is a known IS militants' bastion.
The province with Jalalabad city as its capital, about 120 kilometers east of Kabul, has been the scene of heavy clashes between security forces and IS militants since the emergence of IS in early 2015.
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 25 Islamic State Terrorists in Eastern Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Afghan military reports indicate that more than two dozen Islamic […]
- 27 Militants Killed in Afghan Intensified Airstrikes & Ground Offensive OSINT SUMMARY KABUL, February 10, 2016, a total of 27 militants have been killed in […]
- US, Iraqi Strikes Kill at least 250 ISIS Fighters in near Fallujah, 170 Vehicles Destroyed U.S.-led coalition joined and Iraqi troops rocked against Islamist State extremist […]
- ISIS Terrorists Dressed as Medics Kill 30 at Kabul Military Hospital ISIS terrorists dressed as medics stormed at the largest military hospital in Kabul, […]
- NATO Troops & Afghan Air Force Destroy ISIL’s Afghan Radio Station, 46 Militants Killed EVENT SUMMARY 3rd February 2016, Recent military reports from Afghan’s Defence […]
- Afghanistan’s Kabul Mosque Suicide Attack Condemned An attack on Afghanistan Kabul Mosque on Monday that killed at least 27 killed […]
- New U.S. Drone Strike Kills 40 Daesh Takfiris in Eastern Afghanistan OSINT SUMMARY, April 15, 2016 New U.S. drone strike has left more than 40 […]
- Two Terrorists Linked To Islamic State Gunned Down by Egyptian Police in Cairo EVENT SUMMARY Two terrorists were on Wednesday 3rd February 2016 gunned down in a […]