- Cameroonian authorities are currently battling Boko Haram incursion in the northern part of the country.
- OSINT sources indicate recent twin suicide bombings on Wednesday 22nd July, 2015 commissioned by the Islamic State affiliated terrorist group Boko Haram.
- On Wednesday 22nd July, Cameroonian authorities reported twin suicide bombs that left 11 people dead and 32 others injured.
Analysis – Boko Haram Threat
Book Haram has been known to use the suicide bombing style to kill civilians especially in Nigeria where the terrorist group intends to curve an Islamic caliphate.
In the July 22nd incidents, a female suicide bomber disguised as a merchant blew herself up at a market in Maroua in the northern side of Cameroon.
The other was a nine-year-old girl disguised as a beggar. In both cases, dozens of people were killed.
In the aftermath of the attacks, Cameroon President Paul Biya has given orders to the military to seal parts of Cameroon’s borders with Nigeria suspected to be used by Boko Haram suicide bombers and fighters to curb further infiltration.
The Nigeria based Islamist group Boko Haram continues to extend their attacks in countries neighboring Nigeria including Chad and Cameroon.
Boko Haram fighters are believed to have crossed into Cameroon from Gambaru, a Nigerian border town that had been an extremist stronghold since November but that was retaken by troops in February 2015.
The insurgents’ attacks have especially intensified in Maroua, the capital of Cameroon’s Far North region, which has been plagued by Boko Haram attacks for the last two years. Over the past two years they have stepped up abductions and deadly raids in the frontier region with Nigeria.
Cameroonian security officers have beefed on their security check routines while checking travelers. Important border entries into the country have also been closed indefinitely and remain under the military vigilant guard.
- 7 dead and 20 injured in Twin suicide Bomb attacks in Northern Cameroon Event: Sunday September 13th, Kolofata town in Northern Cameroon was the scene of […]
- Nigerian Military to Build Weapons To End Dependence on West Highlights: Nigeria’s president on Friday during a military ceremony directed […]
- Boko Haram’s Blast Kills 19 In Cameroon In Desperate Retaliation Attempts Event Summary: At least 19 people were killed and 140 others injured after two bombs […]
- Suicide Bomb Attack Kill 25 People in Cameroon OSINT SUMMARY 25 people were killed in yet another suicide bomb attack in […]
- 118 Die in Jos Twin Blast, Nigeria, Keeping Boko Haram on Perspective Jos, Nigeria 118 people are confirmed dead after terrorists detonated two car bombs in […]
- Nigeria Soldiers Speculate Victory Over Boko Haram Boko Haram militia group is gradually losing battle to Nigeria soldiers following the […]
- Nigerian Troops Repel Boko Haram Suicide Bombers, Kill 6 Militants MAIDUGURI, Nigeria, 17/2/2017: Latest military reports from Nigeria indicate at least […]
- Chad Military Airstrikes Bombs Destroys 6 Boko Haram Bases in Nigeria Chad Military has carried a series of airstrike offensive against the militant Boko […]