Security at Somali’s Aden Abdulle International Airport in Mogadishu has been heightened as the country gears up to the holy month of Ramadan.
Airport security operatives are implementing stringent security protocols aimed at improving safety and security at the country’s busiest airport.
The security measures at the airport come following February 3 botched Daallo airline terrorist attack.
Security measures include round-the-clock security surveillance system, physical checkpoints, electronic detection systems and rigorous passenger luggage and cargo screening. Trained dogs are also being used, added Gen. Abdi Ashkir, the airport’s General Manager in charge of Security and Administration.
Gen. Abdi Ashkir noted that the measures at the airport are aimed at boosting public confidence following the Daallo airline scare.
Security in Somalia continues to improve prompting airlines such as Turkish airlines which had cancelled flights into the country to resume operations.
Citing these new security developments, the airport has recorded good numbers of international arrivals as well as departures. Domestic daily flights have also increased with at least 10 domestic daily flights linking Mogadishu to 23 other local destinations within Somalia, an indicator of better days in Somalia becoming a reality.
- Turkish Airline To Set Own Separate Security System at Mogadishu Airport OSINT SUMMARY Turkish airlines which have resumed flights to Mogadishu will […]
- Turkish Airlines Resumes Mogadishu-Bound Flights OSINT SUMMARY Sunday 15th May 2016, Turkish airlines resumed direct flights […]
- US To Fund $24.9 Million Electronic Security Surveillance On The Tunisia-Libya Security Wall March 29, 2016: The United States has agreed to fund the multi-million-dollar project […]
- Somali Military Court Sentences Two to Life Imprisonment for Daallo Airline Attack OSINT SUMMARY A Somali-based military court today 30th May 2016 has […]
- Somali’s Capital Mogadishu on High Security Alert for Possible Attacks During Ramadan OSINT SUMMARY Somali’s capital Mogadishu is on high security […]
- Taiwan Govt To Fund Somali Coastal Radar Surveillance System OSINT SUMMARY, Somalia, April 20, 2016 Taiwan Govt agreed to fund […]
- Italy Pledge Help to Somalia to Hold Peaceful 2016 Elections Italy has pledged to help Somalia hold peaceful 2016 elections. Italy will help […]
- UN Security Council Delegation Arrives in Mogadishu, Somalia OSINT SUMMARY Latest report from Somali indicates that a high delegation from […]