Security authorities have warned on criminals and criminal gangs operating in Old Town neighborhood of Mombasa to surrender to the government security forces.
The call comes a day after a notorious criminal gang leader identified as Mohammed Shekune alias Bobocha was lynched by an irate mob on Sunday in the Old town area.
Reports from eye witnesses say Bobocha was cornered by the irate mob after stealing a cell phone from a victim in the Makadara area.
Police are also confirmed of holding other five wanted criminals suspects arrested on Saturday in the Old town area. The OCPD confirmed that they had arrested five others believed to be accomplices of the late Bobocha and seized lethal weapons they use in the acts.
Mombasa deputy county commissioner Mohammed Salim asked the remaining criminal elements who are still at large to surrender warning them that their days were numbered.
Residents say the gang has also gone to an extent of extorting money from tuktuk drivers who are non-locals operating in the old town area.
- Police Gun Down Four Criminal Thugs in Karen, Nairobi & Recover AK47 Rifle Police on Tuesday morning gunned down four criminal thugs in Karen, Nairobi and […]
- Suspected Watalia Criminal Gang Ringleader Arrested in Likoni, Mombasa Mombasa, KENYA: Police on Saturday 25/3/2017 arrested a suspected ringleader of the […]
- One Member of Wakali Kwanza Gang Shot Dead, Seven Arrested in Kisauni Mombasa KISAUNI Mombasa, March 17, 2016 One member of Wakali Kwanza criminal gang has […]
- Crackdown on Criminal Gangs in Mombasa, Over 30 Arrested Police have arrested 30 suspected gang members in an operation aimed at stemming down […]
- Kenya’s Inspector General of Police Warns of Criminal Gangs Resurgence Ahead of 2017 Polls SECURITY BRIEF Kenya’s Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet on Friday 26th […]
- Police Conduct Operation against Criminal Gangs, Women among those Arrested in Mombasa Crackdown Mombasa police over the weekend conducted a major operation targeting criminal gang […]
- Wakali Kwanza Gang Member Killed by Irate Mob in Likoni A man believed to be a member of the dreaded Wakali Kwanza criminal gang terrorizing […]
- Over 700 More Security Officers Deployed in Lamu County LAMU COUNTY, March 12, 2016 Security in Lamu has been heightened with […]