Russia and China are set to hold their first ever joint military exercise to improve cooperation and coordination between their militaries.
The joint exercise will be a computer-assisted anti-missile drill expected to kick off later in May 2016 at a military research center in Russia.
Reports from China Daily cited a source at China’s Defense Ministry on Thursday saying the drill is designed to help the military of two country share tactics and familiarize themselves with respective command structures and data transmission processes.
Russia, China joint military exercise comes at a time when Asia-Pacific region is engulfed in tensions over several issues among them military presence of extra-regional forces from United States.
Recently, U.S and South Korea discussed plans to deploy missile system in the South aimed to counter perceived threat from North Korea
China and Russia on the other hand are concerned about US military presence and activities in the region and have in particular warned Washington and Seoul to drop the plan for the deployment of the missile system saying the plans are unjustified and a potential security threat.
- China Joins U.S., Says it Supports U.N. on New Sanctions on North Korea China has expressed support to new U.N. sanctions to be forced on North Korea over […]
- UN Slaps North Korea With Toughest Additional Sanction In 20 Years March 3, 2016: The UN Security Council has unanimously adopted a resolution that expands […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]
- China Says Will Join International Anti-terrorism Drill OSINT SUMMARY China has said it will be part of a multinational […]
- Suspected North Korea Missile Test Fails A suspected missile launched by North Korea failed according to reports by both U.S […]
- North Korea Launch Short-Range Missiles Towards South Korea March 10, 2016: North Korea has fired two short-range missiles into the sea according […]
- North Korea Fires Ballistic Missiles, U.S. Terms the Move ‘Provocative’ NORTH KOREA, March 18, 2016 United States has raised a red flag over North […]
- China & Russia Pledge to Enhance Military Cooperation China and Russia have agreed to enhance their military cooperation. Russian […]