Republican Front Runner Donald Trump Featured in Somali’s Al-Shabaab Recruiting Propaganda Video
2nd January 2015, Somali based Islamist group, the Al Shabaab released a recruitment video in form of a documentary.
According to translation of the video by SITE Intelligence Group, the film is about racial injustice in the United State and features Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.
The Republic front runner is featured in the 51-minute release. The militant release comes after Trump called for United States to bar all Muslims from the country.
Trump remarks were overwhelmingly condemned by world leaders and also provoked an international uproar, criticism that his views could be used as propaganda by Islamist militants.
The video which is aimed at inciting Muslims and is a form of recruitment for more foreign fighters also shows two clips of militant leader Anwar al-Awlaki who was killed in a US drone strike in Yemen in 2011.
The message throughout the video urge the Muslim community to either leave the crusader’s land (meaning United States) or opt to stay at home and fight the west.
The film was distributed on Twitter on Friday by the al-Kataib Media Foundation, an Islamist militant organization, SITE Intelligence reported.
The Al Qaeda affiliated jihadist group conducts attacks in Somalia with an intention to topple Somalia’s International-backed government and impose a strict version of sharia, or Islamic law.
- Intelligence Briefings for the US Presidential Nominees Once the Democratic and Republican […]
- Sudan Reacts to Trump’s Restrictive Immigration Executive Order Sudan has strongly reacted to Trump’s restrictive immigration executive order. […]
- U.S President Donald Trump Orders Construction of US-Mexico Border Wall President Donald Trump on Wednesday ordered construction of US-Mexico border wall to […]
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres Calls for Lifting US Travel Ban UN Chief, Antonio Guterres on Wednesday called US to lift ban on travelers from the […]
- Trump’s Executive Order, Over 200 Somali Refugees in Kenya Blocked from Going to U.S President Donald Trump’s executive order continues to hits at citizens from […]
- President Uhuru Kenyatta Confident of US-Kenya Cordial Relations under Trump President Uhuru Kenyatta is confident that cordial relations between Kenya and United […]
- World Leaders React To U.S. Presidential Hopeful Donald Trump’s Proposal Banning Muslims Entry in U.S. WORLD REPORT Tuesday 8th December 2015, proposal by U.S. Presidential hopeful […]
- Suspected U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 12 Islamist Militants Including Top Leader in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY 4th February 2016, two suspected U.S. drone strikes have killed 12 […]