A report from Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution (BfV) point out that more than 900 extremists have travelled from Germany to Middle East.
The report comes amid growing concern from German officials over domestic terrorism and on threat of increased homegrown Jihadis.
Germany’s domestic intelligence services have severally warned of increased jihadis spreading in the country.
According to BfV, 910 suspected extremists have already left Germany to travel to Iraq and Syria. This is a noticeable increase from the roughly 800 extremists reported about a year ago.
More than half of the extremists hold German citizenship, and around a fifth of them are women while some 145 of the extremists are said to have already been killed in Syria and Iraq.
The most worrying part according to the Germany intelligence service, a third of those extremists have since returned to Germany and at least 70 have been involved in attacking abroad.
Increase on Islamic Extremism
In February, the BfV, Germany's domestic security and intelligence agency, pointed out that radical Islamist scene had grown considerably in Germany, from around 100 people in 2013 to some 1,600 today.
The Intelligence service continues to warn Germany of the increased homegrown jihadis saying between two and four credible tips about planned terrorist activity in Germany each day, homegrown jihadis are involved.
Increased inline jihadis also pointed as another problem that needs immediate address.
- Danish Police Arrest Four Suspected Islamic State Militant Returnees EVENT SUMMARY, Copenhagen, April 8, 2016 Danish police are in custody of four […]
- German Court Sentences 5 for Links with Somalia’s Al-Shabaab A German court on Thursday sentenced five men in jail for having joined the Al Qaeda […]
- Islamic State Media Director Surrenders to Iraqi Security Forces OSINT SUMMARY 17th February 2016, Latest OSINT reports indicate that a media […]
- US Launches A Mega-Aggressive Counter Cyber-Attack Against ISIS February 26, 2016: Washington- US officials have confirmed that the Pentagon has […]
- Turkish Forces Killed 3,000 Islamic State in Syria and Iraq, President Erdogan Says OSINT SUMMARY Turkey’s President Tayyip Erdogan on Wednesday 11th May […]
- Jamal Al-Harith aka Abu Zakariya al-Britani, ISIS Suicide Bomber ‘Briton Freed from Guantánamo’ The ISIS fighter who blew himself in a suicide attack that targeted British forces in […]
- ISIS Using Water Warfare Inched Towards Making Weapon Of Mass Destruction As They Seize Control Of 6 Dams March 4, 2016: The Islamic State terrorist group has taken control of 6 of the eight […]
- Two British Medics Who Joined Islamic State Killed in Iraq According to a report on BBC, two British medics who had abandoned studies in Sudan […]