Renewed fighting in south Kordofan has resulted to Sudanese army and SPLM-N trade accusations over ceasefire violation.
On Tuesday, SPLM-N accused Sudanese army as the one behind the clashes saying the government forces were attacking their position in Kadugli area in South Kordofan state.
SPLM-N in a statement accused the government army that its supporting militia in raiding the area and thus breaching the declared joint cease fire.
Subsequently, SPLM-N vowed to repel the assailants and calling on international community to condemn the attack and emphasizing that the area is heavily inhabited by civilian population.
On the other hand, Sudan Armed Forces (SAF) through spokesperson Ahmed Khalifa al-Shami said the SPLM-N on Tuesday morning raided Al-Mashaish area, about 38 kilometres west of Kadougli, describing the move as clear violation of the ceasefire.
South Kordofan state and neighbouring Blue Nile state have been the scene of violent conflict between the SPLM-N and Sudanese army since 2011.
- Sudan Armed Rebels Release over 130 Army Captives Armed Sudanese rebel group on Saturday said it released more than 130 army […]
- Renewed Fighting Between South Sudan Army and Unknown Gunmen Leaves 20 Killed At least 20 people have reportedly been killed and 10 others wounded inn renewed […]
- Fresh Fighting Erupts in South Sudan, over 50 Killed in Clash near Malakal Fresh fighting has been report in South Sudan between government forces and […]
- South Sudan Army (SPLA) Refute Report of Ongoing Fighting around Juba Claimed by Rival Army (SPLA-IO) EVENT SUMMARY In the past few days, opposition army loyal to the former First […]
- Sudanese Army Liberate Rebel Stronghold In South Kordofan KHARTOUM Sudan, March 30, 2016 Sudanese army liberated Um Sirdiba town, a […]
- SPLM-N Forces Fresh Clashes with Sudan Armed Forces (SAF) KHARTOUM Sudan, April 1, 2016 The Sudan People’s Liberation […]
- U.S. Accuse South Sudan Govt of Aiding Armed Opposition in Khartoum U.S. has accused South Sudan’s government of continuous harbouring and aiding […]
- Sudan Accuse South Sudan President Salva Kiir of Supporting Rebels Sudan has accused South Sudan’ President Salva Kiir of supporting the rebel […]