Puntland State Forces continue to advance on the coastal town of Qandala killing several militants aligned to ISIL.
The forces on the first day of operation killed seven ISIL terrorists and on the second day three more militants were killed.
On Monday the forces recaptured Obolodhe valley which lies on the outskirts of Qandala.
The forces estimates the number of militants in Qandala to be between 100 and 300 fighters.
The military’s progress on Qandala has been slowed by roadside bombs, laid by ISIL fighters along the main roads, according to the military officials.
The operation to retake Qandala back from the ISIL began exactly one week ago. The militants led by their leader, Abdikadir Muumin captured the town in October this year.
- Roadside IED Hits Puntland Military Vehicle in Galgala Mountains A roadside Improvised Explosive Device (IED) has hit a military […]
- Puntland Forces Prepare Battle Operation to Retake Qandala Town form ISIS Somali’s Puntland forces continue to prepare a major […]
- Puntland’s Vice President Abdihakim Omar Amay Vows to Liberate Qandala Coastal Town from ISIS Militants Puntland’s Vice President Abdihakim Omar Amay has vowed battle and liberate the […]
- 2 Al-Shabaab Terrorist Militants Killed in Own Landmine Bomb Two terrorists Al-Shabaab militants werebeen killed in own landmine bomb […]
- Puntland Forces Deployed in Coastal Town of Qandala to Repel Pro-ISIS Terrorists Latest military reports from Somali semi-autonomous Puntland State indicate that it […]
- Libyan Pro-government Forces Claim Advances against ISIS in Sirte Libyan pro-government forces continue to make gains against the Islamist terrorist […]
- Puntland Troops Launch Anti-ISIL Offensive Operation in Qandala Latest military reports from Somalia indicate that forces from […]
- ISIL Fighters Flee Iraqi Town of Hit Following Security Forces Advancement HIT, Iraq, March 14, 2016 Latest military reports from Iraq indicate that […]