Puntland security forces on Tuesday morning launched anti-terror operations in the Galgala Mountains following a deadly roadside landmine blast that claimed the lives of nine soldiers who were part of a convoy passing the area.
The forces have expanded their operation in the rural areas near Galgala Mountains in a renewed effort to arrest those who were behind the attack.
The team is also comprised of bomb experts who reportedly have defused three landmines as the operation continues into the mountains.
The terrorist group, Al-Shabaab has claimed responsibility for the attack which killed the soldiers.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Over Dozen Al-Shabaab Suspects Arrested in Security Sweep in Garbaharey, Gedo Region Over a dozen Al-Shabaab suspects were arrested in a security sweep conducted in […]
- Explosion in Mogadishu Kills Three Suspected Al-Shabaab Operatives Three suspected Al-Shabaab militants died last night when an explosive device they […]
- SNA Forces Conduct Security Operation near Bula-burte Town, Hiiran Region Somali National Army (SNA) on Wednesday carried out a security operation aimed at […]
- Several Al Shabaab Militants Arrested In A Botched Landmine Attack On AMISOM Convoy February 5, 2016 #BREAKING: Several al Shabaab militants were arrested in […]
- Puntland Security Forces Fires Several Mortars at Al-Shabaab Hideouts in Galgala Mountains Latest military reports indicate that Puntland Security Forces (PSF) fired several […]
- 5 Al-Shabaab Operatives Arrested in Bosaso, Explosives Seized Five Al-Shabaab operatives were on Tuesday evening arrested following a security […]
- Explosion Target Bakara Market in Mogadishu, Somalia An explosion that targeted Bakara market left four people killed including a woman […]