According to security officials, and referenced by open sources in Somalia, the soldier blew of the vehicle carrying the heavy explosives and weapons before it could reach to one of the forward operating base in the region.
13 militants were killed with soldiers recovering their AK 47 rifles and rounds of ammunitions. Other military supplies recovered from the intercepted vehicle include military uniforms and civilian clothings. Other militants retreated in to the bushes with forcces launching trailing them with coution to avoid possible IED traps.
Another car was also intercepted in the same region of Mudug and four men in the car arrested.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- KDF Operational Update Hulugho Sangalu Route On 9th December 2016 at around 1000hrs, Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) army soldiers, […]
- KDF Convoy Escape Roadside Landmine near El Wak, Engage Militants Friday 3rd February 2017: Latest Military Intelligence reports from Somalia indicate […]
- Somali Police Seize Abandoned Explosives-laden Vehicle in Hamarweyne, Mogadishu OSINT SUMMARY Reports from Somalia indicate that police managed to seize an […]
- KDF & U.S-SF Take Badhadhe from Al-Shabaab Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) backed by US- Special Forces on Tuesday reportedly […]
- Roadside IED Hits Puntland Military Vehicle in Galgala Mountains A roadside Improvised Explosive Device (IED) has hit a military […]
- 6 Al-Shabaab Terrorists Killed in Fierce Fighting with Clan Fighters in El Wak, Somalia OSINT SUMMARY Clan fighters loyal to the former defense minister Barre […]